006- Care of Magical Creatures

"I won't let you fall.. I promise!"

The four of them descended down the stairs and went off to Professor McGonagall's Transfiguration class.

The class went by dreadfully and slowly, Harry could hardly pay attention to the lesson. Y/N was lost in her thoughts. Hermione and Ron occasionally shared worried glances at each other. Even the other students were looking at Y/N and Harry with sympathetic eyes, which made Y/N's anger even worse.

If it was any other day, Y/N would've enjoyed the class. Being able to turn into an animal seemed incredibly interesting. But right now, she was just looking straight ahead into a void as Professor McGonagall transformed into a small Tabby cat.

"Really, what has gotten into you all today?", Professor McGonagall asked, turning back into herself with a faint pop, and staring around at them all. "Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transfiguration has not gotten any applause from a class."

Everyone looked over at Y/N and Harry

"Professor, we've just had our first divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and —"

"Ah, of course," said Professor McGonagall, suddenly frowning. "There's no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which one of you will be dying this year."

Y/N smirked, realising she had been correct, it had all been a bunch of rubbish.

"Me and Y/N", Harry said.

"I have a week to live, Professor.", Y/N raised her hand and smiled amusingly at Professor McGonagall. She then stood up from her seat and looked around the class. Everyone was glaring at her. "It was nice knowing you, my peasants. I shall now ascend to the greater realm..", she said with a small smirk and bowed at them. Everyone started laughing. Even Professor McGonagall had to stifle her laugh. Harry, Hermione and Ron were chuckling too.

"Alright, alright. No need to be dramatic now.", Professor McGonagall laughed.

Professor McGonagall, then continued, "You all should know that Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favourite way of greeting a new class."

She stopped again, and then said, in a very matter-of-fact tone, "You both look in excellent health to me, Potter and Miller, so you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you if any of you dies, you need not hand it in."

Harry looked much more relieved and so did a bunch of other students.

*****

"How do we even open these books?", Harry asked, looking at the weird 'Care of Magical Creatures book.'

"Like this... You're supposed to stroke the spine..", Y/N lightly moved her fingers on the book's spine. The book shivered, and then fell open and lay quiet in his hand.