010- Breaking Point

"Sometimes your total obliviousness blows my mind.."

--- Y/N and Hermione reached the Great Hall in a jolly mood.. They were both laughing and giggling along the way. But as soon as Y/N's eyes fell on Harry, she stopped smiling.. She saw him talking to the Ravenclaw seeker, Cho Chang near the Ravenclaw table... And he was--- he was... smiling, and it wasn't just any smile, it was a genuine one...

Cho Chang was 'beautiful' to say the least... She was extremely pretty with long, shiny dark hair, and a freckled nose with dark brown eyes..

Y/N felt a lump in her throat when she saw Harry laughing with her..

"What's wrong?", Hermione glanced at Y/N with concern, when she abruptly stopped walking in front of the Great Hall.. Her eyes were fixed on Harry and Cho.

"What a hypocrite!", she huffed in annoyance and rolled her eyes..

"Who?", Hermione asked in confusion.. looking all around her, following Y/N's eyes, until she spotted Harry with Cho, "Ohh...", she slowly said.. She was equally pissed with Harry for treating Y/N like that, and now he was talking to Cho! Just the cherry on top!

"Ignore him, Y/N..", Hermione shook her head in disappointment, and grabbed Y/N's hand and pulled her along to sit at the Gryffindor table.

Y/N didn't sit at her usual spot beside Harry, but she sat with Hermione, across the table from Harry..

Harry was grinning widely as he returned from the Ravenclaw table to theirs, and sat beside Ron. Hermione was eyeing him in exasperation. Y/N simply tried to ignore him, just as Hermione told her to. She was intently looking at her food, as if it was the most interesting thing in the entire universe..

"Have you met Cho? She's one of the best seekers in our school... Really!", Harry beamed at Ron with an unmatched excitement.. Hermione scoffed loudly, for Harry to hear.. He looked at her in confusion, but didn't pay much attention to her, and looked back at Ron, waiting for an answer.

Even Ron seemed to have noticed that Harry was going too far. "Mate, I don't think you should talk about that right now..", he gulped in fear and turned to look at Y/N, who was cutting (more like butchering) her toast. It seemed like she was going to murder the toast with her knife. Perhaps, it was a sign for 'someone else' to shut the eff up..

Hermione was glaring at Harry as if she could attack him at any moment.

Harry noticed all three of his friends behaving differently--- Ron was clearly scared of 'something-- or someone', Hermione was eye-murdering him, and Y/N was moving her knife loudly..

"What's got all your knickers in a twist?", he asked in confusion, looking back-and-forth at his three friends. But he seemed to be unaffected by it, and when none of his friends answered, he extended his hand across the table to grab the butter, which was lying near Y/N's plate..

Y/N stabbed the knife loudly on the table, near Harry's hand, missing him by two inches.. He pulled his hand back in an instant. And looked up at Y/N with sheer horror.. while massaging his hand with the other, probably wondering what would've happened if the knife actually went through his hand... (He would've deserved it though)

Everyone near them who heard the loud stab, fell silent, which included--- Fred and George, Oliver Wood, Angelina Johnson, Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas and Lee Jordan.

They all looked equally horrified at Y/N's sudden action, but didn't dare say anything.. Even they knew that Harry and Y/N weren't on good terms.

Hermione was looking with a proud expression at Y/N, which was very unusual, since she hated when Y/N made a scene, but this time Hermione knew that Harry deserved it more than anything..