008- The Jealousy

"Friends don't look at friends that way..."

The following week had gone by quickly. Professor Lupin's class had easily become everyone's favorite who claimed him to be the best Defense Against Dark Arts teacher so far.

After Professor Snape found out about Neville's Boggart, he had been in a noticeably worse mood than usual, the simple mention of Professor Lupin's name in his class was enough to take away house points.

Y/N had also seen Professor Lupin watching her from distance... He was always smiling at her kindly, like he wanted to talk to her but couldn't. She even approached him, asking is there anything he wanted to talk about, but he just avoided the question by asking about homework or school stuff. She knew he was hiding something but she couldn't put her finger on what it was.

Meanwhile, Harry had noticed Y/N go out to meet Oliver quite a few times - almost everyday. He would ask her, but she always replied with "Oh, it's nothing.." and waved it off. He was growing more and more annoyed towards Oliver. The thought of Y/N getting closer to some guy left a stinging in his chest. He wasn't sure what it was, jealousy maybe? No, how could it be jealousy. He didn't like Y/N like that.

Did he?

Either way, he didn't want her to be close to another guy like she was with him. He wanted that part of Y/N only to himself.

******

The next morning came far too early. Hermione threw a pillow at Y/N who was sound asleep in her bed. "Wake up! Y/N! It's 7:30 already. WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!", Hermione scolded her best friend. Y/N wasn't a morning person, so Hermione had to practically drag her out of bed every morning.

"Just- just five more minutes.", Y/N mumbled slowly, and turned to her side.

"Y/N! If you don't wake up right this second, I swear I'll tell the entire school that you've feelings for Harry!", Hermione threatened Y/N with a 'don't-mess-with-me' kind of look.

Y/N sat straight up at once, hearing Hermione's warning and glared at her, "I DON'T HAVE FEELINGS FOR HARRY!", she exclaimed.

"Oh, come on. I've seen the way you two look at each other."

"We are just friends, Hermy! Like we are with you and Ron."

"I don't know about you, Y/N. But friends don't look at friends that way.", Hermione said in a cooled voice. Y/N rolled her eyes and decided not to respond to that.

She surely didn't like Harry that way. I mean she liked him because they were best friends but that was it. She didn't fancy him. The mere thought of it sounded absurd to her. Besides, Harry was supposed to end up with someone else, and she was definitely not going to ruin somebody else's love story.

But wouldn't it be nice to have 'The Harry James Potter' as her boyfriend?

She snapped out of her thoughts and got ready to go down for breakfast. But still, the thought of Harry as her boyfriend, made her cheeks flush.

******

(At the Breakfast Table)

"Harry, can you pass me the cranberry juice?"

Harry reached out his hand across the table and passed the cranberry juice to Y/N, who was sitting beside him.

"Tell me if anything else is out of reach. Okay?", he slowly whispered to her and she nodded with a smile.