009- Hermione's Day

"And I am a material girl.."

19th September, 1993

Y/N barely got any sleep that night. Her unfortunate encounter with Harry kept playing in her head on repeat. She was feeling restless and hungry too-- mostly hungry... She promised herself that she would never take her anger out on food because it was beyond her powers to bear hunger.. She was a foodie after all..!

Soon, she could see the glimpses of faint light from the window near her bed.. It was almost 5 am. She slowly crawled out of her bed, careful not to wake Hermione up.. and went to the common room where Harry, Ron and the twins were already waiting for her.

"Is it ready?", she excitedly asked the twins who pulled out a cake from behind the couch.

"Just as you told us what Hermione liked.", the twins chorused and beamed at Y/N. She couldn't help but smile, knowing that Hermione was going to love this surprise.

Fred and George started setting up mini fireworks. Y/N placed the cake on one of the tables and placed the tray of Cranberry Danishes (Hermione's favorite muggle dessert) beside it. Harry set up the gifts in a neat stack beside the table.

The time flew by and they had managed to perfect everything.

At 6:00, they heard Hermione's alarm go off.

"She'll be down any minute now. Guys, take your positions.", Y/N gestured with her hands, telling Ron, Harry and the twins to hide in the common room.

"RON! NOT THERE, YOU IDIOT! Hide behind the bloody shelf!", she seethed with anger, after seeing Ron getting confused about where to hide. She face-palmed herself and shook her head in annoyance as she watched them all stumbling on each other's feet. "DO NOT MESS THIS UP, YOU FOUR! OR YOU WON'T LIVE TO SEE TOMORROW!", she whisper- yelled and gave them a threatening look. All four of them gulped in fear, and quietly took there places.

Finally, she hid herself behind the couch..

After 5 minutes, Hermione came down to the common room. She was probably wondering where Y/N was because she never woke up so early. Just when Hermione was in the middle of the common room, a blast of confetti fell on her and all her friends jumped from their hiding places and sang "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERMIONE!" Fred and George lit the mini firecrackers and Hermione gasped seeing the colorful fireworks linger in the air spelling out 'Happy 14th Birthday'.

Harry lit the candles on the cake with a quick 'incendio' and brought it to Hermione.

Hermione smiled and blew out the candles, "You shouldn't have. It's like any other day.", she said.

"It isn't everyday that the 'Brightest Witch of our Age' turns 14.", Y/N said with a huge grin. "Am I right, Gred and Feorge?", she smirked at the twins.

"Right as the rain...", the twins chorused, and Fred grabbed a strawberry from the top of the cake and popped it in his mouth.

Y/N jumped forward and leapt into Hermione's arms. Hermione gladly hugged her best friend. "Happy Birthday, Hermy! Thank you for being my best friend!", she softly whispered into Hermione's ear.

"Thank you for making my birthday special, Y/N!", Hermione was on the verge of tears -- Happy tears. They all pulled Hermione and Y/N into a group hug and chuckled among themselves.

They all sat down in the common room and started eating the treats. Hermione began opening her gifts one-by-one, they included:

A pack of exploding snap from Ron.