020- The Attack & The Plan

Author's note: Hey everyone, I love to read all your comments so please please please comment a lot... You guys make my day!! And thank you so much for 15K reads. You guys are the best!

A loud scream.

Y/N shot up and furrowed her eyebrows, "What was that?"

Hermione seemed to have heard it too and stood up putting on her slippers. "I dunno.."

Both of them walked out the dormitory and down to the common room. It was lit with the glow of the dying fire, still littered with the debris from the party.

"Are you sure you weren’t dreaming, Ron?"

"I’m telling you, I saw him!"

"What’s all the noise?"

"Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed!"

"What happened?" Y/N asked Harry and a hysterical Ron.

"Sirius Black's what happened!" Ron said frantically, shifting in his spot. "He broke in! With a knife!"

Y/N resisted the urge to facepalm herself in front of everyone and shout obscenities at Sirius. Even after all that talk with him, he had still done it! First, the fat lady and now this!

A few of the girls had come down their staircase, pulling on dressing-gowns and yawning. Boys, too, were reappearing.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" said Fred Weasley brightly.

"Everyone, back upstairs!" said Percy, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pyjamas as he spoke.

"Perce – Sirius Black!" said Ron faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

The common room went very still.

"Nonsense!" said Percy, looking startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron – had a nightmare –"

"I’m telling you –"

"Now, really, enough is enough!"
Professor McGonagall was back. She slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared furiously around.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn’t authorise this, Professor!" said Percy, puffing himself up indignantly. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron had a nightmare –"

"IT WASN’T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

Professor McGonagall stared at him.

"Don’t be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"

"Ask him!" said Ron, pointing a shaking finger at the back of Sir Cadogan’s picture. "Ask him if he saw –"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed the portrait back open and went outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!" cried Sir Cadogan.

There was a stunned silence, both inside and outside the common room.

"You – you did?" said Professor McGonagall. "But – but the password!"

"He had ’em!’ said Sir Cadogan proudly. "Had the whole week’s, my lady! Read ’em off a little piece of paper!"