Chapter - 23, Do you think I would lie?

After one week, they decided to do the engagement. They exchanged rings. It was a small family gathering. They both wanted to do it simply. Then the family decided that the wedding will be grand.

_________

Next day,

"Aaruuuu!" Akshara shouted.

"What?" Aarohi yelled back.

"Hurry up, we will get late!" Akshara scolded.

"Two minutes!" Aarohi yelled while tying her hair.

"I'm leaving!" Akshara said loudly so she could hear.

"Wait, No! Akshu, don't be so desperate to meet your Abhi!" Aarohi huffed while throwing her hairband in anger when she couldn't tie it.

Akshara gasped and came to the entrance of the room and glared at her.

"Now, It's final! I'm leaving!" Akshara looked at her angrily.

"No! I'm ready, let's go." Aarohi brushed her hair but didn't tie it.

"Finally!" Akshara huffed dramatically and Aarohi rolled her eyes.

After bidding their family, they went to Birla Hospital.

"Couldn't you wait for a little more?" Aarohi grimaced and took out a lip balm from Akshara's purse.

"Couldn't you wake up a little more early?" Akshara taunted and Aarohi pouted.

They both glared at each other and looked away. When they reached, they both got out and went to their respective work.

While going to Music Department, Akshara bumped into someone. When she looked up, she was confused. After muttering a sorry, she went away. The boy stood in a daze looking at her back.

"Who's she?" The boy muttered and smiled a little.

Akshara reached Music Department and was surprised when she saw nobody there, not even Manjiri. She went to her cabin and put her stuff there. When she turned around to go, she was pulled back into muscular arms. Abhimanyu's eyes met Akshara. While Akshara looked at him in astonishment, Abhimanyu adored Akshara who was stunned.

"Why is nobody here?" Akshara whispered.

"Because they had some work," Abhimanyu said mischievously.

"Oh really?" Akshara played along with him.

"Yes, of course! Do you think I would lie?" Abhimanyu asked feigning innocence.

"No, I know you won't," Akshara said agreeing with him.

"But...." She pulled away from him and Abhimanyu pulled her back and forwarded his cheek towards her. Akshara blushed after understanding what he meant.

She tried to pull away but his grip tightened. Having no other option, she moved forward to kiss him. Abhimanyu closed his eyes and leaned closer. Akshara's soft lips touched his subtle cheeks and Abhimanyu sighed in solace. Akshara closed her eyes feeling his cheeks against her lips. She stayed for a few minutes. She realised his grip was loosening so she pushed him back. Abhimanyu came out of his daze and looked at her in confusion.

"I know you don't lie but... Abhi you know how to persuade everyone and that's what you did." Akshara gave him a knowing look and after giving him a last smile and a flying kiss, she went away from there.

Abhimanyu stood there in awe.

Akshara ran out of the Department and went to meet her patient. She met a little boy on her way who got lost. She took him to her mother who thanked her. The same boy who was a new intern saw her and stood there leaning against the pillar and followed her every movement through his eyes. Akshara felt uncomfortable, she knew someone was watching over her but who? She looked around but didn't find anyone watching her and turned back to go.