(Chapter 8)

{A/n: Hey guys! So sorry for the slow updates. And sadly they will be a bit slower as I've started a full-time job💀so I will try and write on my breaks. But thank you so much for reading this book❤}

Turning around to look at the little demon children. You crouch down in front of them and let go of a big sigh.
"Listen. Thank you for not letting him get any closer, but remember the people I've warned you all about. The Demon Slayers. Those men are demon slayers. So please don't ever that again."

Their eyes went wide with shock.
"Wait, your not going to scold us?" Gyutaro spoke as he took a step forward.

"Why would I be mad at you for not knowing something?" You tilt your head as you look at him confused. You jumped in surprise as Gyutaro tackled you in the stomach. You felt wet patches on your kimono; looking down at Gyutaro you find him crying into your stomach. You gently pat his head to comfort him, however, Muzan walked up to him and lifted him up and picked up Daki as well: spinning around in a big circle yelling,"Weeeeeee!" It caused Daki to laugh and giggle and Gyutaro joined in.

You laugh as you rush and pick the 3 up yelling, "Ok let's go home and get started with moving!"

"Do we really need to move?" Little Douma asked.

"Well we don't want to get into a fight with them, do we?"

You and your duckling demon children following behind you, walked out the back door of your shop. Protected by the shade of the trees. You kept looking around all the way back to tour house: making sure no one was following you.

<Rengoku's POV>

"It sounds like she's evacuating the children." Tengen spoke turning around to face the shop we've just left a few moments before.

"What? How do you know?" Sanami questioned.

"I heard them leave out the back door."

"We should follow them, but keep our distance that Guardian. They seem to be very alert." Giyuu spoke looking towards the shop.
"They?" I asked a bit confused.

"Didn't you notice? The Guardian is too muscular to be a female demon, and is to delicate to be a Male. I don't think they have a gender." Giyuu spoke in his usual quite voice.

"You have a point..." I spoke thinking back to the unique demon, "we should probably follow them."

We all leaped into the trees to hide from the demon family. It was very difficult as the Guardian kept turning their almost 180 degrees towards us, but luckily it didn't seem like they noticed us.

*CRACK!*

Sanami fell to the branch under him, almost falling out of the tree. He managed to not make anymore noise other the broken branch.

"Stay here." The growl of the Guardian demon actually sent a shiver down my spine. The way they stared at the tree with intense hatred as the Guardian stepped forward slowly.

"OW!?" A loud cry from the oldest child rang and the Guardian rushed to the red-eyed boy. I looked up to see that Giyuu had moved a branch to let the sun shine on the boy.

"Why does the sun hurt!? Why does the sun hurt!?" His cries shattered my heart I hated the fact that we are harming children to keep the Guardian from harming us. It really does seem like they are just trying to raise their children the best way they can as a demon.

Almost immediately the domestic perant rushed to the aid the young boy. They pulled the black-haired boy out the sun and into the shade. His face spilling tears and covered in red, sore blisters.
As the Guardian pulled the to the shade, it seemed like something in their chest was alive with how it moved. Suddenly, 2 arms emerged from their sleeves. They held him close cooing sweet, gentle reassurance to the red-eyed boy.
"It's ok, you'll heal. Don't worry, let me show you."
The Guardian outstretched 1 of their right arms and let to sit in the sun. They let it burn to the elbow and brought it back to  the shade, however, they didn't show just how much pain they were in: it was very visible on just how my pain they were in. The shocked eyes of the children showed their Ranks.

We really have come across a strange situation.

Me and the others stayed completely quiet in the trees as The Guardian explained the boy how to regrow his missing flesh by holding his breath. And even demonstrating it. The whole time their voice was warm and welcoming - just like when I finish met them.
And they didn't even care that I was a Hashira they let me play, talk and their children. Maybe they are different from other demons. But what if I have to kill them.

I don't think I can put a sword to children and their caring parent.

<Third Person POV:>

When all of you made it home, after a mishap with the sun - you wasted no time and making enough food the all the children to last them a few days, and made Douma incharge of carrying it. You tyed Rui to Nakime's back, and tyed Enmu to Kokushibou's back. Taking a lightweight pot, you put Gyokko inside and cover it with a cloth. You tied rope around the pot and strap the pot to Muzan's back.
The red-eyed boy had recovered from the terrifying incident with the sun.

"Alright! We need to go the sun is starting to set, so we'll be safe for now. I need all of you to understand that you shouldn't split up. Stay on the trail with me, and if those men find us I'll distract them so you all can get away. Ok? Do you all understand?" Your words came in one fearful breath. You held onto Muzan, Kokushibou, Douma and Nakime's hands as they held the hands of the children behind them, making 4 little lines behind you.