{Chapter 10}

<Rengoku's POV:>

The children's footprints were starting to get fresher at I ran. Following them.

But The Guardian...

I couldn't hear their footsteps, however, the sounds of exploding trees and iron hitting agents each other was all I could hear.

I saw the small group up ahead, all now struggling in the heavy snow.

My tired legs bolted faster towards them. I ready my sword.

The bright red eyes of the eldest boy's spotted me and throw them over the others. The second eldest doing joining him.

I stop...

My blade just a few centimetres away from eldest boy's face.

"I c-can't..." I felt myself stutter. His eyes. I couldn't. He had fear and terror in them. And complete innocence. He like Senjuro. Completely unaware of horrific crypt that he slept so close too.

"I can't." Tears ran from my eyes hit my cheeks. I couldn't. I couldn't kill a child.
Even if there a demon.
I just couldn't.

*KRACK*

The sound of a whip rang in my ears, as a sering pain washer over my side. My mind could barely process what was happening. Things passed by my head: I couldn't even make out what they were.

Other than, that I hit something; a side of a mountain.

Cold. Something cold lifted me off the ground. Rapping around my neck, waist and arms like a python.

I didn't feel pain. I'm too broken to even move on my own.

I felt the tears streaming down my face as I look up. To find The Guardian standing in front of their children hold heavy chains in each hand. With 1 move from 1 of their 4 arms; lifting me up like a puppet.

I felt just so... so... weak...
I felt my eyes fall heavy, making everything go black.

<Shinobu POV:>

"Put more pressure on his wornds to stop the bleeding!" I yell at the Kakushi as they try to treat Sanami large amount of wornds.

"Where is Rengoku-San, Sanami?" Onee-san spoke in soft voice as she held his head on her lap.

"South... east..." The white haired man spoke in quite horse voice; painful and existed.

"Take out the corpses and wrape them up so they can be identified. You 5, come with me!" I ordered the Kakushi and run in the south-east direction in a rush to find the missing Hashira.

We kept running looking for him: getting further away from the house. But the further away we got the more terrifying the sense looked. Trees broken in half, and any animals that were there in the mix, were ripped to ribbons, cracks the size of houses deep all over the place.

What type of demon did they mess with?

"There he is!?" A Kakushi yelled out pointing his finger. I look over to where he was pointing.

And there he was...

Hanging from meat-hooks suspended by cains... Covered in his own blood...

"Kyojiro!!" I run up to him, praying that hes still alive. As I got to him I checked for a pulse, however it was barely there. Carefully, me and the Kakushi unhook him from the chains and start CPR.

As I finished my turn of chest compressions and the other Kakushi tuck over. My attention was taken away by 1 of the Kakushi's as they handed a letter to me that was covered in blood and the beautiful handwriting saying 'To: Rengoku'.

<Third person POV with (Y/n):>

Holding the children's hands firmly but gently. It's been died quite since you stopped Rengoku. But you were a few villages away. It's a safe distance.
"I'm really sorry if scared you all." You looked them apologetically as they look you in the eyes with surprise.
"No, thank you." Gyutaro spoke as he smiled at you.

"Who knows what would happen if you weren't there." Kokushibou spoke up as well.

"I was sure I was ganna die." Muzan piped up and you immediately look at him with fear. "But I guess being told I'm going to die everyday, made num to the idea tho."

You couldn't help but give a blank stare at his words. Pulling him into a hug, you say," why would someone say that to you?" But Muzan just looked up at you confused, "My mum and dad" he answered as if its obvious.

You shack your head. "Nevermind about that know. We are almost there."

"Where are we going?" Douma asked.

"To my mother and her boyfriend." They know we aren't normal people so they will help us. But if you hear my mother call me by another name just ignore it please."

"Ok" They all answered as they follow you.

<Rengoku's POV again>

I woke up and I just see a white ceiling, in shock I sit up, but immediately stop because of the pain.

"You'll break more of your rids if you keep moving!" Shinobu-chan walked through the door with an unimpressed face.
"It'll take a few months for you to heal completely."

"D-did you manage to identify all the slayers in the ice-room?" I asked weakly; still curious about them.

"Only a small quarter of them, there aren't enough heads that match the bodies."

The deafening silence in the room filled to its brim, just like my guilt for my hesitation in the fight.

"Oh and Rengoku-San..."

"Yes!?"

"This was left with your unconscious body..." Shinobu-chan handed me a slightly bloody letter addressed to me. With a shaky hand I open it the best I could.

To: Rengoku-San

Thank you for not hurting them.

From:
Lower Moon 6
(: