Chapter 7

Noel awoke refreshed, until he remembered. Another day of lying to Serah. Or at least evading the truth. Any day now she'd start to wonder...

        "Hey, Noel," a voice came from behind his closed door. It was Hope "Someone came to visit. She might help get some of Serah's memory back, without...any added worries, so get dressed."

        Noel got up slowly, remembering he left his clothes on last night. Oh well, it didn't matter, he wore the same clothes every day. He groggily got off his bed and pulled open the door, walking down the hallway and stairs until he got to the kitchen. He looked up at Hope, Maqui, Serah, and...Yeul?

        "Yeul!" Noel exclaimed. "I'm going to assume that you are not my Yeul." He said, his eyes dulling as he remembered what had happened to his Yeul. (A/N: for those of you who haven't played the game, Yeul is a seeress, AKA Paddra Nsu-Yeul. She is reincarnated in every age and they always look exactly alike and wear the same clothes as every other Yeul.)

        "I am not from your age, Noel Kriess," Yeul replied in her light, young-sounding, yet wise voice. Yeul was young, yes, but she could see the entire timeline. She had seen more than you or any other person would ever see, combined. There was only one thing that was bad about this, and it made up for all the good things. Each time the seeress saw a change in the timeline, it brought her closer to death. Noel nodded, expecting as such. He glanced at Serah.

        "So," he said, in a dull, melancholy voice "Serah, I see you met Yeul. Did anything..." He trailed off.

        "No. I'm really, really sorry. I wish I could remember you. I think that sometimes I almost remember, but I never do. I'm so sorry."

        Noel made a sound indicating that he heard her and plopped down in a chair at the kitchen table. Hope and Maqui began talking about trivial stuff. Why were they so happy? Noel placed his head on his hand and his elbow on the table. He thought just maybe, Serah would remember.

        Yeul sat down with him at the table, whispering to him, "Noel. I would advise not giving up. I have seen what will happen if you show Serah the object you refuse to reveal. You may not like it very much, but it is good for us all in the end. Even you." Noel's eyes widened. He stood up abruptly, then sat back down. He suddenly had a headache. Yeul watched knowingly, as if she could see the battle happening in his mind.

        Serah, however, could not see this battle, and so she nudged Noel on the side. He looked up at her.

        "Hey, I want to ask you something. You wanna go somewhere else?" She asked, standing up. The chatter in the dining room stopped.

        "You need something, Serah?" Maqui said, standing up hastily. "Some water maybe?" Serah reached out, pushing his shoulder down so he sat back down.

        "I'm fine." She announced to the whole room, grabbing Noel's wrist and storming off.

        She walked into the hallway that led to the sunroom. When they arrived, she sat down in a chair. She gestured to Noel, and to a chair.

        "Sit." She commanded. Noel was alarmed, then remembered. In New Bhodum,, Serah had been a teacher, and her kids called her Meanie Miss Farron. He quickly sat down.

        "I need you to tell me something nobody else will tell me." She took a deep breath. "Who are you?"

        The day had come faster than he expected. She must have been curious the whole time. He was still a bit suprised at what exactlly she'd asked. He had expected her to ask about Lightning. She had been gone for a very long time.

        "Well--do you mean like, how do you know me?" He asked, puzzled. Serah nodded.

        He hesitated for several moments before finally saying, "Well, it all started in New Bohdum--actually I guess it started in Bohdum Bohdum. I don't know the full story. I'll try as hard as I can to fill it in."

~~~~~~

        Meanwhile, Fang and Vanille had just arrived to meet Yeul. This night had become kind of a dinner party, albeit a quiet one.

        Vanille wasted no time asking Yeul about Izzabel. Unfortunately, she knew very little for some reason. The events had been clouded. She did know a little, but refused to tell Vanille. She said that it would be better if she found out on her own, but was reassured that she would, in fact, find out.