Chapter 9

Serah and Noel watched the confrontation awkwardly, appreciating eachother's presence. When Midna and Yuj seperated, Noel shifted his weight uncomfortably and Serah just looked at the ground. 

        "Well then, Noel, this is Midna, Midna, Noel. You already know Serah, but I don't think she remebers you..." Yuj trailed off awkwardly as it hung in the air that Serah was the different one, even though Midna hadn't known Noel.

        "It's okay guys I'm used to it by now, my memories have been gone for a few months now." A look of understanding crossed Midna's face as Serah said this. She scooted away from Yuj a little bit, for some reason.

        "Hi, I'm Midna." she reached her hand out warmly for Serah to shake. "You knew me back then when I lost my memories just like you, but I left for a few years. I only just remebered being with Yuj a couple days back. I came as soon as the memories did." 

        Noel looked uncomfortably at Midna, and then at Serah. Midna stuck her hand out to Noel too, though maybe not as warmly, but only because she was unfamiliar with him. He shook her hand reluctantly.

        Yuj put his hand on the small of Midna's back. "Midna, why don't we go see Lebreau and Gadot and Maqui and Sn--" He abruptly stopped speaking. He glanced nervously at Noel and Serah, then continued talking, but with a fake smile, "I can't wait for you to meet Hope, I have a suspicion you will really like him." 

        Noel, who had tensed up when Yuj almost mentioned Snow, relaxed quickly, but not before Serah could notice the change in his posture. However, she dismissed it, it probably had to do with past tensions or something.

        Midna returning had sparked a hope in Noel, maybe what Yeul had said wasn't true, maybe he didn't have to give Serah the necklace in order for her to remember. The only bad thing is that it could take a long time. Was Noel willing to wait years for her to remember?

        Even then, would she forgive him for lying by omission if she remembered Lightning leaving and Snow's death? I suppose she already knew about Snow dying, she just didn't know how much it actually affected her.

~~~~~~~~

        Maqui stood on the outskirts of the kitchen watching Yeul, Fang, Vanille, Yuj, Midna, and Hope talk about all the things that had happened in the past. Noel and Serah had gone into the sunroom, no doubt to talk about Serah's past. Maqui'd decided that he would let them go. If he let Noel talk to Serah, and he saw that she would not remember without Snow's necklace, maybe he would give it to her.

        Why it had been Maqui who'd taken it into his hands to help Serah, nobody knew. Maqui and Serah hadn't even been as close as Lebreau, Vanille, or Yuj.

________________

A/N: Yep so that's the EPIC return to REMEBERING NOEL from over the summer. Yeah I know it was lame, but I will be updating much more often now that I have comfortable acces to a full keyboard computer.