Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I don't own ffxiii or ffxiii-2 or Square Enix. All the characters belong to Square Enix besides the ones I created, Aneh, Izzabel.

---------

        "And then I--I killed Caius. He must not be actually dead though, if the world wasn't engulfed in chaos. You--you saw the future, and almost died. Then we came here in Academia 500 AF, and Hope lifted Bhunivelze. That's why we're here." Noel ended after about an hour of relaying the events of the past several years to Serah. She sat back in her chair.

        "Some people are so narrow-minded. How did they know Pulse was that horrible? Didn't anyone ever think Pulse wasn't so bad? Of course, I guess I thought that too..."

        She sighed. Noel let Serah think. She'd just had a lot of things to soak in, and finally she knew what had happened between them. He'd avoided much to do with where Lightning had gone, and anything to do with Snow. It'd been very difficult, but it was for her own good, wasn't it?

        "You guys want some tea?" Yuj had come in a moment ago, listening to the end of the story that he already knew. Noel and Serah nodded and he offered them mugs of tea. They took them and Yuj sat down. There they sat  in silence for a moment, all thinking about the past. Then, there was suddenly a knock at the door.

        "Yuj," came a soft yet frantic voice. "Where are you?." There at the door stood a tall girl with long, long brown hair and soft brown eyes. Her hair draped around her in curtains, and she looked frantically for Yuj.

-Yuj-

        "Do you really have to go?" Yuj's voice wavered as he stood at the train station with Midna, her bags sitting on the ground next to them.

        Her long brown hair that reached her knees whipped around her in the wind. Her eyes were filling with tears from the wind and from knowing nothing about this poor man. She wished that she could remember, but try as she might, she never could.

        Nothing could stop her from trying, trying to remember. She knew she had something special with this man, if only she could remember it. It would be easier fo her to remember if she went back to her home that she used to live in with her parents, starting from the beginning.

        "Yes. I promise, if I ever remember you, I'll be there as soon as I can." Midna's voice wavered as well. She kissed him on the cheek, and turned to the arriving train. "I'm sorry."

        She picked up her bags and boarded the train to Palumpolum, just like that. Yuj stood, baffled, for another 5 minutes after the train roared away, and finally, he sank down to the ground and put his head in his hands, sobbing.

-normal-

        "Midna." Was all Yuj could say. He stood up, knocking over a mug of tea in the process, running to her. She caught him in her gentle embrace.

        "You--do you--" he was cut off by a kiss. "You remembered!" There were tears in his eyes as he hugged this girl. Tears streaked down his face, ruining his eyeliner, but he didn't care. Midna had been gone for so long. He'd lost years of time with this girl. He'd been about to propose to her when she left. It didn't matter that she was the cause of his ruined eyeliner.