10: Sap.. Sapnap? (Continuation of chap: 9)

Ranboo POV:

We're sitting under a few trees, silently watching the sunrise. Honestly, it took until now for me to realize that Phil is either worrying about me, or forgot about me.

Judging by how kind he's been for the past few days, it's probably the first option.

Aimsey forgave us some time during the night, but we could both tell Bill was still a little bit guilty about it. Honestly, I can't bring myself to care about their small fights anymore. There's bigger things to worry about.

Right now, Bill is next to me, on his phone, trying to connect to the internet. I dont know why he's trying, we're in the middle of a damn forest! Aimsey on the other hand, is just asleep next to us.

Bill nudged me in the shoulder, "Nevermind that, the internet obviously wont connect, but what do we do?.." he asks, voice barely over a whisper.

"I don't know, Bill. I don't know." I mutter, slightly exasperated at everything going on. He nods, going quiet and getting up.

"Uhm.. I saw some food earlier, I'm gonna go get it. Tell Aimee I went to the big lake near us." He says, giving me a tired smile before setting off.

Honestly, I didn't want to respond like that! It obviously hurt him, and I'm just tired.

So I wave at him, watching the sky turn orange. In all honesty? I don't think we'll make it out of this thing alive.

Aimsey wakes up a few moments later, quietly sighing and sitting up. I think the harsh reality of the situation is setting in to everyone now.

"Hey Aimee. Bill went to the big lake surrounding us. he said he saw food there." I say quietly, looking at Aimsey.

"Shouldn't we follow him? I mean, he'll probably run into a few wolves." She points out, putting their hoodie on.

He had a point, Bill probably would start freaking out if he saw a few wolves. "True, true. Are you ready?" I ask, getting up and dusting my pants.

Aimsey nods. "Yup, not like I have to get anything" they chuckle, getting up after me and heading out to the lake. 

Right now, we were on a large empty hill, only a few trees on it. The lake we're going to is under the hill,  so we had to go through a little bit of forestation to get to the lake.

We see Bill there, picking some fruit off a small tree. "Hey, Bill." Aimsey smiles as we walk up to him. 

He turns to us for a brief moment, smiling. "Morning Aimee. Why'd you follow me?" He asks before turning back around. 

"I thought you would've died if you were alone, in all honesty-" Aimsey laughs as Bill gives him the middle finger.

Just before Bill's able to argue with them, we hear a faint whistle from the trees.

"Okaay, maybe we should leavee.." I start, quietly walking away from the whistle. From the horror documentaries I've seen, it's not a smart idea to walk towards a whistle you hear in the forest.

They both nod, quickly following me up the hill. We make it to the top of it in no time, but just then we realize a cruel fact.

We could die if we're not careful.

Aimsey looks around, stopping as his head reaches a certain point. 

They nudge us both hard, pointing down at the bottom of the hill, where supposedly a.. blaze? is watching us, except it looks strangely humanoid.

We back up, trying to get away, but the hybrid after us was faster. "What the fuck." Bill mumbles, his eyes widening.

"Who are you." The blaze yells from a few meters infront of us, more of a demand that a question. Aimee goes to tell it who we are, but I stop him.