12: 🌲A wild ride home.🌲

Aimsey and Bill finish a couple minutes after me, and we expect one of the three others to tell us something to do, but they don't.

"You can go explore if you'd like. Don't go too far." Sapnap says as he goes over to clean the dishes.

"Oh- sure, but are you sure we can stay this long?" Aimsey asks gently. We can tell they don't want to burden these three any longer than she has to.

Dream quickly shakes his head, "Of course you can stay! We don't get visitors often, its really fine." He reassures us.

((switch to past tense and 3rd person POV <3))

"Oh ,, alright then." Bill smiled before grabbing both of the other's arms, practically dragging them out.

George called back as they left, "Stay safe! Don't get lost, dumbasses."

The trio made their way past the small clearing where Dream's mansion was, trees covering every edge around them. "Where do we go? They said not to go too far." Aimsey asked.

"Fuck that! Let's go explore man, we can go as far as we please." The other brit said as he pulled Ranboo and Aimsey forward.

They walked in silence, the crunch of leaves and sticks under them comforting enough.

In a matter of minutes, they found that it was starting to get a bit cloudy, even foggy. "We should get back to the mansion soo-" Ranboo started, getting interrupted by a rather angry Billzo.

"I don't wanna go back there dude, I know you don't either. We all want to get back to our actual homes, with the fosters and shit!" He stormed.

"Yes, but we literally got teleported to the middle of nowhere from some shitty spell, Bill. It's not that simple." Aimsey explained, but Bill wasn't having it.

"Shut up, Aimee. Let's at least try to get back instead of standing here uselessly." Obviously the words were a bit strange to be heard from Bill himself, but no one was in the mood to argue.

Ranboo nodded quietly and started in a random direction, the storm clouds above them darkening with every passing moment. The other two followed close behind him.

As the thunder struck behind them, making the trio shriek in fear, they knew it wasn't a smart idea to be in a forest while it was thundering.

 Ranboo, despite his current grudges against the two others, grabbed their hands. As Aimsey let out a sound of protest, he interrupted them, "Just come with me!" He yelled throught the thunder.

The trio broke into a run, feet aching as they ran until they weren't able to breath anymore. 

It wasn't a very nice experience, lightning  striking near them at every moment, but they weren't able to care too much about that.

 As the thunder slowed to a stop, leaving behind a light rain, they didn't stop running. "You said you wanted to go home, didn't you? Well, we're doing that!" Ranboo called back to Billzo before turning back around.

 All of their feet were undeniably sore, and, truthfully, it would've been nice to get back to the mansion so they could warm up near the wooden fireplace in the living room, but it was too late to go back.

 Endless hours passed, the three with wheezing lungs as they finally came to a halt, collapsing near a small clearing Where there were noticeably less bugs.

 They took a few minutes to quietly catch their breath, sitting down.

 Ranboo had his back slumped up against a tree, wheezing tiredly.

Aimsey was kneeling as they retied their shoelaces. 

Billzo was sitting there, listening and watching for anything familiar. As he heard the familiar, quiet buzzing that was heard at the wood mansion that they were at hours ago, his heart dropped. 

Everyone else was seemingly to busy doing their own things to notice, so Bill decided to finally look up and see what the source of the buzzing was.

To his surprise, it infact wasn't the mansion that he thought it was.

 There, in a lit up alley beneath the hills, sat the streets of their home town, "L'manville."

L'manville was where their foster centers were, and where Ranboo's house was! Billzo smiled and excitedly pointed down to the alleyway, "We've made it home!"

The other two sat in shock, staring down the hills as they all stood up once more. 

"We haven't made it unless we're standing there, Bill."

And so those were the words that encouraged Ranboo to stand up and break into a run once more, but now it was with a goal. A goal to get home.

Billzo and Aimsey chased the lanky teen, calling out to him through broken laughs. 

No matter where they were, the trio managed to find a way to have fun, whether that was stuck in a woody mansion in.. seemingly the middle of nowhere, or running down a hill to their hometown.

This was home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Please read the next portion!!

(( things are hard recently for a lot of people, and I just thought it would be nice to put a little reminder here for suicide awareness month that i'm always here for you to talk to.

from just being a stranger on the internet, i know it's genuinely hard to trust people enough to talk to them about personal things, so it doesn't have to be me who you talk to. just make sure that, if you need help, you have the resources to get it.

as being someone who's struggled with mental health for many years, i want to make sure that we're in a time where we can get the resources to help people in their struggles.

remember, help hotlines, therapy links, and just talking to someone are all valid options to get help. ))

there we go. just thought it was a nice reminder to put. the hiatus for this book is officially OVER, even though it was only a few week long break-

I have too much energy right now to write, so i'm working on the next chapter this weekend. It'll be out on Tuesday by the latest!

If you enjoy my writing, then i'm working on another book, "the fire that burns endlessly in my heart". another ranboo based angst, but this time with streamer Ranboo <3, and i've just posted the second chapter to it!

That's enough self promo for one day,

☆nora.

1039 words