THIRD • REEL vs REAL

VEGAS' POV

I felt sleepy so I lowered the Venetian blinds on the door and window of the clinic. I'm looking after a pet tonight that needs to be observed overnight so I'll be sleeping here today.

I just texted Macau that I can't go home tonight and told him to go to bed early because he has school tomorrow. I went into my small room and rested.

I made this room specially customised because this is where I stay most of the time. I was about to fall asleep when I heard a bang outside so I immediately stood up to find out what was happening.

I went to the window to peek and I saw someone knocking on the door and was wet from the rain. I remembered that there was a storm coming from this afternoon.

I hurried to the door to open it, the person immediately came in and handed me a carrier, I opened it and saw a very cute cat but it was weak.

"He vomited."

I took it out of the bag and checked up, his signs were normal, "Did he eat anything unusual today?"

"I d-don't know, I just got home so I don't know anything. But before I left the house earlier, I left him something to eat."

The fear was obvious in his raspy voice so I told him to calm down and not to worry too much because his cat is not in a bad condition.

I looked closely at his cat, "When you were at home, did you notice him licking his lips, salivating, and repeatedly swallowing?"

"No. I w-was too tired to notice but I played with him a little and he's just normal."

I nodded and still focusing on the cat, "Cats vomit quite readily and occasionally. If possible leave him for a while now... I turn to him to explain, ...so I can observe him."

Damn! What is this? "What are you..

Is what I'm seeing real? I also saw him earlier this morning. What's going on, am I in heaven? Am I dead?

He was shivering from the cold so I turned off the air conditioner and got a towel from the comfort room then wrapped it around him.

"Hey Mister, it's you! But I'm fine, take a good care of Mino now."

I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm just dreaming. I couldn't even speak in front of him and my hands were shaking.

"Oho, it's cold." he hugged himself.

Water dripped from his clothes and was flooding where he was standing. I took the mop and I walked in circles around him to ransack the water accumulated on the floor thoroughly.

"We just have to wait for him to regain consciousness and make him drink water. When you got home, I advise you to feed him an easily digested, bland diet in small quantities." for the first time I finally spoke., "But for now, you can go hom-

"No, I'm staying with Mino."

"But you're wet."

"So?"

Huh! I didn't know he was this stubborn. He can get sick!

I'm ashamed to say it but, "You can't just stand there wet, the water might even reach the carpet. I don't have a replacement for that yet."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I have some clothes in my car, can I change in your comfort room?"

I nodded to him because if he insists on staying then it would be better if he just changed his clothes, the comfort room is also for customers.

When he left the clinic, I quickly went in there to check if it was clean and when it was all fine in my sight, I also went out.

We almost bumped into each other!

"You're clumsy." said he. I snorted at the thought and walked pass through him.

I went to his cat and laid it gently on cat cabin. I turned on the heater to the right temperature and I'm glad that he's not trembling in cold anymore.

I was once again surprised when I heard a crash from the comfort room. So I walked in rush and here I am, opening the door, it wasn't locked? Crazy!

I saw him slumped on the floor and looked like he was in pain. I perspired and blushed at what I saw, he's only wearing boxers!

"Maybe you want to help me?" he said softly.

I came to him and raised my hand in front of him so that his hand could reach it but he just stared at it and lay down even more.

"Hey! That floor is dirty!" I came to him and wrapped my arm around his body, trying to stand him up but he was also trying to weigh himself down. What game is he playing?

And because his body was wet, the grasp of my arms around his body slipped and I also fell out of balance.

"See? You're clumsy." he said laughing. "and cute too."

I was surprised and was contemplating all the events in my life when he touched both my cheeks and kissed me.
_