TENTH • REEL vs REAL

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Four friends arrive at a bar that is full of big-time people.

They were able to reserve a VIP seat right away because Big's family owned this bar. Even though Big is not in the country, he has not forgotten to shower them with his blessings.

This was the first bar they played together as a band, a few years ago and it's still like this here so Vegas can't help but reminisce.

He was the only one who left the music industry because the three are still playing gigs. It was only after his father died that he decided to give up his passion and focus on studying so that he can find a decent job to help Macau finish his education.

He didn't regret any of the decisions he made back then because he has a decent job now and they haven't lost their bond as friends. It's just that there are things that are missing, but at least he doesn't regret what he has now.

People flocked to the bar which made Vegas even more nervous, he's not used to crowds. He drank the wine shots that were on their table one after the other. Even though his friends were surprised, they just let him. They are here to have fun and forget the things outside for a while.

They spend an hour drinking but Vegas is slowly becoming wasted.

"Veg, chill. We'll play on stage later." Anakinn calms Vegas down but he just continues to drink.

"Let him be, he plays more energetically when he's drunk. The hoarser the voice, the better," said Arm.

"And how can his voice be hoarse?"

"Drinking something cold and then suddenly he would sing. Right? Sore throat is the result." said Time while eyeing the men passing by.

The three of them laughed while Vegas was just listening to them, he wasn't drunk, just nervous. Who gets drunk right away on wine? He's not bad at drinking.

Time opened his phone when the notification rang, he said goodbye to picking up someone at the entrance so they agreed.

"He flirts again, he never gets tired," Vegas said while shaking his head.

"You said it just right. Different men every week."

They stopped teasing their friend Time while he was away because they were used to it, nothing new there. They are just waiting for the man who can pacify their friend because no matter what advice they give, he doesn't listen to it.

They just asked about things and life stories. After all, Vegas was the only one who separated from them, he became the focus of their conversation.

"How's your love life? Have you been with anyone?"

Vegas almost choked at the question but still composed himself and smiled at them.

He didn't know what to say because he never had a love life. What happened between him and Pete could not be considered a love life.

"I do not have that," Vegas answered sparingly.

He drank wine again and ate a piece of food on the table. He watched the people dancing on the dance floor and suddenly wondered if they were going through something, why they were having so much fun.

"It's impossible! With that handsome face of yours, you haven't hooked anyone yet?" Arm shouted.

"The heck are you shouting? I'm not deaf you motherfucker. What can I do? I can't love someone else yet.. besides Pete.

The ones brought by Time arrives, they sat with them and introduced themselves.

"Uh, my name is Porsche. This is Tay."

"Come greet them assholes," said Time.

"Hello, I'm Anakinn. Nice to meet you Porsche," said Anakinn while sipping his wine and seems.. flirting?

"My name is Arm." Arm was about to shake hands with Tay when Time blocked it.

"Taken by me."

Both Arm and Vegas went 'oh' before laughing softly.

"Hehe, I'm Tay, Time's boyfriend."

They all looked at Vegas as if they were waiting for something from him. Vegas wondered for a few minutes before remembering that he hadn't introduced himself yet.

"My name is Vegas! Nice to meet you both."

People started screaming for some unknown reason. They just ignored it and managed to go on stage to play.

Vegas felt cold and his heart beat faster when his palm touched the microphone. Now that he will sing again after four years, he felt nervous and he doesn't know why his friends still trust him so much in this matter.

"Ehm.. Ehem, sound check." Vegas tested the quality of the microphone and it sounds pretty good to him.

His friends behind him were smiling without him noticing. They set up what to use and tune their instruments. Even before they start performing, people are already focused on them and others are already applauding.

"We're ready, Veg. The stage is yours."

At that signal, Vegas strummed his guitar. He closed his eyes and felt every sound that their instruments made.

He started singing the song he always listened to during his lonely times.

Vegas found comfort in this song at times of sadness. Well, not during the time he and Pete met but throughout his life. He was forced to take some time to think things through.

During times when his problems coincided, this was his way of saying that he intended to destroy himself. He didn't even have the time, even briefly, to assess the direction his life was heading.

With the amount Vegas has been through, countless self-conflicts, almost losing self-confidence, even his friends almost left him. Every 'almost'  before he decided to change the course of his life.

Vegas is so used to the heartache that he just lets it sink. So what is happening to him now is like a part of his life, that he doesn't know how to get rid of.

"I wanna feel what love is, I know you can show me."

The crowd cheered and Vegas patted his friends on the back. He smiled and felt like he was back to his old self. This day was a big help to him to cope more and his friends Anakinn, Time, and Arm didn't let him down.

Vegas told his friends that he was going to the bathroom for a while because he had drunk too much alcohol and he felt like peeing.

He calmly did the things he had to do before deciding to go back to the VIP table where they were sitting but someone blocked him at the bathroom door entrance and he was surprised to see who it was.

"What's your name? You're good at singing."

"Uh, Vegas Theerapanyakul."

"Can I have your number? Let's be friends! Maybe I can help you, you know, in singing."

"Sure?"

Vegas shyly gave his number before returning to his friends. Anakinn was right when he said that his talent might be discovered. He just shook his head and had fun tonight.

His phone rang and he read the text,

"Nice to meet you, Vegas. Jeffy is the name, I hope we can bond when you are free."
_