NINTH • REEL vs REAL

VEGAS' POV

A few hours, days, weeks and a month passed.

I went back to my old habits. Pete hasn't been here since that day, no news at all. It only proved one thing to me,

I don't deserve him.

A humble one-night stand that gave me butterflies in my stomach and thinking that I'm one of the blessed people to experience true joy and genuine happiness but I'm not. Haha!

There is also a lot of gossip in the streets and market, saying that there is a new project, and Jeffy and Pete are partners. Well then, congratulations babe..

Think that it was all just a dream, a beautiful dream that I wish I had never woken up from. Life goes on, Vegas..

My brain almost dried up trying to think of something. Even though I'm not doing anything, I feel so tired. I think that overthinking has become my routine.

My friends Anakinn, Time, and Arm messaged me. They invited me to a bar tonight, which I agreed to anyway. There is no longer a confined pet in my clinic so I can leave it overnight, I also want to have fun sometimes. It's been a few months since I last saw them, maybe it's time for us to meet.

It's still a long time before later so I decided to just clean the house first, even though there wasn't much to clean because Macau is prudent.

I washed my scrubs so that in case I have a scheduled appointment at the clinic, I'm ready to come in anytime. I also fixed Macau's room. I'm sure Macau is studying hard, my brother won't let me down. We only depend on each other and I trust him.

I don't open the blue bird app anymore, apart from being fed up with gossip, I'm just sick of new news. Maybe it's not really for me to be happy.

Ring~

I turned to the drawer and took out my phone, I saw the caller's name, Anakinn, so I immediately answered it.

"Hm?"

["Don't forget later huh? You still owe us a performance."]

"Fucker, who will perform you say? No one's performing for tonight." I sighed.

["Veg, it's been a long time, your talent might rot! Who knows, maybe someone will discover your talent in singing. The bar we will go to later is full of famous people."]

"I don't want to be famous, shut up." I protested.

["Okay, it's up to you. It just is! We'll pick you up there."]

"Sure, sure."

The call ended and I did the things that had to be done. What Anakinn said just added too much to the thought.

I don't want to do that thing again, I don't want the attention of many people, I don't want anyone watching me, I don't want to be the subject of talk.

What will I gain in that industry? I will only lose time for myself. It never occurred to me to showcase my singing talent in a very large public place, and I wasn't that confident either.

During my college days, I experienced being the center of attention. Whether it's a gig, school event, a bar, or any small stage as long as I can play and sing. Until the day came when my career as a singer was not going well, there were many critics, there are many people who bring me trouble, and there are many things that I cannot handle. It's tiring so I quit.

I took a shower for about twenty minutes before I got dressed. I'll just wait for them to fetch me here while I overthink anything. I feel so nervous.

I turned to look at my guitar leaning against the wall of my room, can I still do it?

I went over to pick up the guitar, sat down at the amplifier, and strummed a few chords. I closed my eyes and felt every sound the guitar made, it felt relaxing and soothing.

Aside from pursuing veterinary medicine, this is what I always did when I was in college. Just hanging out with the band members while making our own songs, sometimes we also cover a song and post it on our bassist's youtube channel.

"Veg?"

"Vegas! Man!"

I heard loud voices and the door slamming outside so I rushed out and left my room to meet my nasty friends. They were also my bandmates back then, only the pianist was separated from us, the name's Big our keyboard player.

"Hey, the neighbors might get angry with your noise!" I said in a calm but firm voice.

"Doctor! We missed you, how's life?"

"Whoa! You're even more handsome than before! I think I'm gay." Time jokingly said.

A very playful man indeed, at any rate. I don't know if anyone is serious about having a relationship with him, he's always playing around, and he will always play with your hearts.

"What's up man, looking good huh?" Arm nudged me and smiled like an idiot.

"Shut up guys. Let's go." I cut them off from teasing me.

They immediately agreed so we went outside the house and I locked the door. Macau has a key so it's fine.

It was already dark outside as I watched, Anakinn was driving while the two were singing along to the music in the car. I miss being a young man when you don't think about anything but yourself.

I'm nervous tonight, but I feel like my friends won't let me down so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Let's see if I can still sing on stage.
_