EIGHTH • REEL vs REAL

VEGAS' POV

I got up from sleep very pissed off.

I decided not to open the clinic for now because I'm not feeling well. I feel like I'm going to get sick. Last night I had a headache until this time.

After Pete left last night to go home, I also went home. I will visit the clinic later to see the pets there and check them up. They were in good condition when I left them last night.

I just scrolled on my phone while watching television. It's all about news and because it's the weekend, Pete's show won't be aired all day.

I felt myself shrinking, I felt that fate was just playing with me because it was very impossible for Pete to just give in to someone like me. It's not that I don't have confidence in myself, but what if he's just using me?

Wow, he is using me? The thickness of my face to think that.

Things happened too fast. What is there between the two of us? Sex buddies? Leisure?

Isn't he afraid of ruining his reputation? As for me, I am afraid of what will happen next. We don't know each other well yet, we only know each other's names and jobs.

Does he trust me enough to give himself to me? I don't want to do things that I will regret one day.

I will be miserable when the time comes when he rejects me and walks away from me because I have loved him ever since. I have always admired and respected him.

Are we in too much of a hurry? What should I do? Should I date him? Should I ask him for me? Are these things happening to us seriously?

Lord give me a sign.. I don't want to be at a disadvantage and a loser in the end. If we are not meant for each other, can you stop planning for the two of us to meet?

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Is it like this when you are alone?

I'm in love with you, Pete! How can I get up if you give me something new to look forward to every day?

Time had passed and I decided to visit the clinic.

I just cleaned the area and checked the confined animals one by one. I stopped in front of Mino and opened his cabin.

My dream is to have a siamese cat but my budget can't afford it. My pet cat Grey, is a stray cat. He was rescued at a waterfall. He's naughty but I love him.

I caressed Mino's furry body, his eyes were blue and yellow. His body is soft and squishy. I spent time petting him and I am happy because he is not difficult to tame.

There are other cats that you will know from the first meeting if he doesn't like you, he won't let you hold him. They just hiss from time to time and are always angry.

The whole day passed and it was almost night, maybe Macau had returned home. I cooked a dish before I left the house, I'll just text my brother to reheat the food.

I entered my room and hugged my bed. I miss Pete so much even though he just came here yesterday, his scent is still here.

I was just resting when I heard the bell, didn't they see the sign outside that the clinic is closed now?

I'm not in the mood right now, I took the thermometer from my drawer and checked my temperature. I let the bell ring and waited some time.

When I heard the thermometer ring I hurriedly looked at it, 38.9°

Wow?

I touched my forehead and neck and it seemed like I wasn't that hot. Maybe the temperature shown on the thermometer is wrong.

I was irritated by the repeated ringing of the bell so I went outside to face whoever was buzzing outside.

I was stunned when I opened the door to see the man I never thought I would meet.

"Where's Mino?" he asked.

Pete came out behind him and looked at me. His eyes widened at me so I quickly pointed the way to Mino's cabin.

I couldn't believe my eyes, Jeffy and Pete are here in my clinic today. If I was just a normal fanboy, my storage would probably be full of photos of them. But I feel different this time, I feel upset and annoyed by what I see.

Last night, Pete watched Jeffy's movements. I understand because they work together, but can't I be jealous?

I'm jealous!

Jeffy can give everything to him while I, this is all I can do, to love Pete. I bowed down in shame, who am I to dream so high of being with him?

I'm just a humble veterinarian, I don't have enough income, I can't support him financially even though I know he can buy everything even my life. Wait—

What am I thinking? I'm going crazy.

"You can take him home, he's fine now. I found out he's allergic to cat food, you should try feeding him vegetables. He might be a vegan cat." I said smiling at them both.

I met Mino's eyes and his pupils dilated at me,

I know buddy, I'll miss you too!

They started moving and walked out. Pete stared at me before they left the clinic. I held my head because it suddenly tingled.

I clenched my eyes shut tight and blinked a few times to get the sight I needed, my vision blurring due to dizziness. I sat on the sofa and after a while, I felt better.

What now? I miss you, Pete, I really do. I will wait for you to come here again even if there is nothing to return to, Mino is no longer here.
_