Episode 1: Carnevil Part 1

CARNEVIL

Part 1

By TalosLives & CrackedInkWell

Edited by Anon

Based on EMositeCC's AngelAUSeries

***

BANG!

BANG!

"Shit!" Dennis cursed, a nearby tree having suddenly exploded into splitters. He clenched his sister's hand tighter. "Keep moving! Keep moving!"

BANG!

It was easier said than done, but given the grim circumstances, neither of them had any other choice. Behind them they can still hear the voices of their chasers and the echoes of barking hounds. Neither of them could afford to look behind them to see how close the family of psychopaths were. They needed to get away.

BANG!

If things had gone differently, they would had been back home months ago. What was meant to be a week of visiting their grandma down in Georgia, turned into something horrific. A wrong turn down a dirt road, and the brother and sister had been captured by a family straight out of a slasher film. For months, they, along with several others, had been treated worse than any animal. They'd been fed canned dog food, regularly beaten, and forced to watched victims partake in tortures that would haunt them, even beyond the grave.

"I can't... run... anymore..." Dennis heard his sister say between exhausted breaths. He could feel her being dragged behind, rushing through between bushes and under tree branches.

"Jess, we gotta... keep going..." He was tired too, nearly out of breath and in his state he could barely run since those... monsters slashed at his legs the other day.

"We can hear ya, meat!" a voice hollard somewhere from behind. There was another gunshot, and an entire tree branch was hacked off.

About ten minutes ago, the siblings were given a chance to escape. Their captors would let them go, if they could somehow win their game. They would be hunted down, but if they could reach the nearby town on the other side of the forest without getting shot or captured, they'd go free. However, the unforgivable, uneven terrain of the Smoky Mountains' woods made it all the more difficult where the only light they had was from the moon. Worse yet, they had no idea where they were going, or even if there'd be so much as a road in the place they were running blindly towards.

It was a slim chance for sure. Knowing those monsters, they might have been lying about being a town on the other side. After all, everyone who underwent this gauntlet never returned. But it was their only chance to get out, to get in touch with their family, to let them know of the deep trouble they and so many others were in. All they could do is go and outrun the family before they'd be killed.

As the minutes passed, it became increasingly difficult, as they heard more gunshots and more hounds that seemed to be coming from every direction. They were beyond terrified, but they couldn't stop. Not even for a moment. They needed something, anything to give them a chance to escape this nightmare.

"Hey Pa! Over there!" They heard a boy's voice shrilling out loud before another gunshot went off.

In their running, they saw a dilapidated wooden covered bridge, which gave Dennis an idea. "Hurry! Hurry!" he said between breaths. Given how close the family was getting, there would be no way to cross it without getting shot at, but thinking quickly, he took his sister not across it, but under it. Scrambling around and into the icy, waist-deep water, the siblings covered their mouths, trying not to make a sound and hoping their idea would work.