Episode 3: Heart of Greed Part 3

Heart of Greed

Part 3

By TalosLives & CrackedInkWell

Based on EMositeCC's AngelAUSeries

***

Loona had done bad things before in her life. Angels, despite being made by God, were not perfect beings. When Loona was seven, she tried to forge her parents' signature on a lousy test score. Her parents grounded her for two weeks. When she was twelve, she secretly stayed up late to play video games without Uncle Blitz's permission and had her consoles taken away for a week. When Loona was seventeen, she and her friends went to a secret party hosted in the school, only for them to get a month's long detention when it was exposed.

So it wasn't that Loona hadn't gotten in trouble or done bad things, but most of those were harmless. This was the first time she had actively harmed someone. Someone important to her and loved like family. Uncle Blitz and her father had been best friends, and she grew up always having him around and loving him as if he were her real uncle. Learning he died with her father broke her heart, and when she lost her mother, Loona thought her life would never be happy again. But Uncle Blitz crawled out of Hell to come home, and the moment he did, he adopted her. Moving on from losing her parents was hard, but Uncle Blitz had been patient, caring, and loving to Loona. She couldn't have asked for a better uncle.

No.

A better second father.

And how did she repay those years of trust? By attacking him like a mad dog and making him bleed.

I'm a monster. A monster! Loona thought to herself as she sobbed into her pillow. Her room was a mess thanks to a fit of self-disgusted rage that filled her head when she got home. Loona's mirror was smashed, her sports trophies from school were crushed, her clothing ripped apart, and even pictures she treasured over the years were broken in both glass and frame. Pictures that contained her ugly face.

What kind of person am I? Hurting my own uncle like that? All because I was that obsessed with Collin, Loona sniffed as she looked up at the ceiling. I don't deserve to be loved. Not by Uncle Blitz, Collin, Moxxie, Millie, Keenie, Cletus, or anyone else! Not even my parents deserve a daughter like me.

The thought of such a thing made her cry harder. She missed them so much. Her father used to carry her in his big arms and nuzzle her face with his fuzzy fur. Her sweet and gentle mother sang to her whenever she needed to be calmed down. What Loona would give for their warm touch and loving voices to be heard What she would give to be a better angel than the horrible one she was now.

"Loona?!" Blitzo's voice echoed from outside as he knocked on her door. "Loona?! It's me! Are you okay?!"

"Go away!" Loona cried as she hugged her knees close to her chest.

"Loony, please! I want to talk! I don't blame you for what happened! It wasn't your fault!" Blitzo shouted.

"Yes, it was! I hurt you! I acted like an animal!" Loona shouted as she sobbed into her knees. "Please... just leave me alone... please..."

Blitzo was quiet on the other end of the door before he sighed. "Alright, I'll... leave you alone... but Loona? No matter what, you are always my niece, and I love you. You're not a bad angel. You're a good girl. I promise."

Loona wanted to believe that.

The problem was she couldn't.

***