Episode 2: Secrets and Snipers Part 1

Secrets and Snipers

Part 1

By TalosLives & CrackedInkWell

Edited by Anon

Based on EMositeCC's AngelAUSeries

***

***Ten Years Ago***

"...And just sign here, Prince Stolas."

The demonic owl sighed as, after three grueling hours worth of signing his name, he did so for the final time. Honestly, sometimes he felt taking on the Exterminator was a more straightforward challenge than bureaucracy.

Across his desk was his lawyer, a fallen angel named Melvelon, whose black angelic wings fluttered as Stolas handed him the last of the papers. After checking them over, Melvelon nodded in satisfaction and put them in a folder, which he then locked away in his suitcase. "Well, congratulations, your majesty. You are officially divorced."

With a sigh of relief, Prince Stolas leaned back and felt the weight come off his shoulders. Despite getting married to a horrible and abusive woman, Stolas had tried (Satan and God both knew it) to make it work despite his attraction to men. The birth of Octavia, their only child, had only inspired him to try even harder. He pretended to be happy and took all the insults, sneers, hits, and degradation because he wanted Octavia to have a normal family life.

However, Prince Stolas finally accepted that it wouldn't help anyone as he saw himself losing more and more of his character until someone finally convinced him to stand up for himself and do what he needed to be happy. That someone was the one that Stolas had fallen in love with despite it being forbidden to do so. Because of him, this divorce happened in the first place. While demons had no problems cheating on their lovers (something Stella was doing anyway), angels obviously had issues with it. It hurt Blitzo to know that he was in a love affair with a married man, despite his heart belonging to Stolas. So Stolas finally decided it was time to end the charade and promptly told his wife that they could not continue this anymore before demanding a divorce.

At first, Stella had laughed at him. Said that he didn't have the balls. Well, he shut her up by formally announcing it on the news and even got the lawyers ready before she could react. Her expression was so worth the damage to his ears when she cursed at him. Her family had tried to fight it. They even outright declared that Stolas was breaking the agreement between their families by doing this. But Stolas had been careful. Not only had he gathered proof of his wife's past infidelities, but he also went through their marriage contract, which clearly stated that they had to be together until at least an heir was born, regardless of gender. With no other choice, Stella and her family agreed to the divorce but made sure to battle Stolas for as much as possible.

Honestly, Stolas didn't care for much of what he owed, save for a few important things. Mainly his Grimoire and his daughter. Speaking of which, Octavia had not taken the divorce well, outright hating both her parents for doing this. Blitzy had advised him to talk it out with her, and after many teary nights of heart-pouring conversation, Octavia finally accepted that her parents didn't love each other but would always be there for her.

At least Stolas would. He had no idea if Stella would since she treated their daughter as if she was a tool to be used rather than an actual child most of the time.

"So, you and Stella agree to host Octavia at your respective houses for a week each before switching?" Stolas's lawyer asked.

"Yes, but I also made sure Octavia had a choice to stay one extra week with a respective parent if she wished," Stolas replied with a smirk. "As a precaution, of course."