Episode 2: Secrets and Snipers Part 3

Secrets and Snipers

Part 3

By TalosLives & CrackedInkWell

Edited by Anon

Based on EMositeCC's AngelAUSeries

***

Kris wasn't going to lie. When he heard that their boss's latest hit was going to be in the human world, he was ecstatic. He had heard a lot of things about the human world growing up as a pup, and so far, it hadn't disappointed him. It was a completely different atmosphere from the cities of Hell, yet held some familiarity that made him wonder if demons took inspiration from Earth for the design of their homes. After all, sinners were just former humans condemned to Hell, and they had some level of influence on its culture.

However, Kris wasn't going to let his excitement ruin his focus. Being a hellhound, he was assigned to be a tracker for one of the groups looking for their target's daughter, Octavia. While normally they would kill anyone in their way and damn the consequences, they had specific orders to make sure she was unharmed in any way possible. It was always so annoying when your clients prevented you from going all-in, but Kris had to obey the orders from his boss.

That was how it worked in their organization. Every "Assassin" had "Underlings" who supported them, with the more experienced and deadlier ones having numerous support staff. Kris had been an underling for about four years and he had hopes of achieving his own rank as an assassin, but to do that you had to stand out and Kris believed he finally had his means to do so. A plan to find and lure out their target that he had just finished telling his squadmates about.

His team consisted of three imps - all equally the average size with white hair, scars, and long horns their kind was famous for - and a fiend that looked like the mix of a red fox and a purple jackal. Each of them, much like Kris, was dressed in black combat kevlar and pants, with their respective weapons being a handgun and some knives. Being a tracking team, they had to travel light and couldn't use any of their heavier gear. Not to mention they needed to avoid being seen by humans as much as possible, a hazard bonus that would be really juicy if they managed to accomplish this mission.

"So let me get this straight. You want us to use our target's daughter as a means to draw him out?" one of the imps asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's the perfect plan. We all read his dossier. He'd do anything to protect his little girl. I'm sure she has him on speed dial on her phone," Kris said as he grinned behind the black-and-white-striped, mop-like hair covering one half of his face. Raising his claw, the mixed-furred hellhound continued, "We call him up. Get him to meet us. Tell the Boss, and he snipes his head off. Clean kill and we get praised for our ingenuity."

"I don't know," the fiend said as he crossed his arms. "Boss was pretty clear about nobody touching the girl. We could risk his wrath if we disobey his orders."

"Not to mention one of the other tracker groups could find Prince Stolas first before us and we'd never get the credit," another of the imps pointed out.

"What's life without a little risk? Come on, we can do this," Kris said with a grin.

"Well, how are we going to find her anyway? She's in a human disguise and even if we knew it, we'd still have to search the entire city for her. We can't even find her father."

"That's the beauty of it. I got her scent." Kris pointed to his nose as the others stared at him in surprise. "I was watching the restaurant they were in from across the street in my human disguise. When the panic erupted after Boss took his shots, the girl made for my direction while getting pushed by the crowd. I managed to get her scent just in time before I lost her."