Episode 3: Heart of Greed Part 1

AN: We're back! New year! New episode! And we're going to go faster in uploading these. Our editor, while accurate, was too slow for our tastes and we decided to part ways. We're just going to edit the chapters ourselves to get them out faster. Hope you all enjoy!

Disclaimer: We do not own Helluva Boss and the Angel AU concet is originally EmositeCC's idea who we were given permission to use!

Heart of Greed

Part 1

By TalosLives & CrackedInkWell

Based on EmositeCC's AngelAUSeries

***

"I'm starting to think this'll be a pretty slow week for us," Blitzo commented, his arms folded. Bored out of his mind, he hovered in the living room, just waiting for them to get back to Purgatory.

"That's not always a bad thing," Millie said, dangling a squeaky rubber mouse over a cat, who was trying to bat it with its paws. "Besides, at least this is an easy one."

Moxie nodded. He was over in the kitchen area to refill a bowl with water from the sink. "Honestly, I don't mind these kinds of requests now and then. Checking in on people's pets is rather relaxing."

About a few hours ago, they got a request from a soul in Purgatory. A lady from Cape Town, South Africa had unexpectedly died, and she wanted someone to make absolutely sure that the cat she'd left behind was in good hands. The cat in question was a red European short-hair named Dinah, a female with yellow eyes and long pointy ears. Their client had raised Dinah since she was a kitten and was worried that someone might snatch her shortly after her death. Not the most difficult of missions, to be sure, but they'd take anything they could get.

After some time spent trying to track down Dinah, they'd figured out the client's sister had taken the cat to their place, a home within walking distance of Cape of Good Hope. When they arrived at the beach house, they found the cat inside, lying on the couch, but the sister was nowhere in sight. At first, they were worried that the sister was neglecting her, but after calling their client, it turned out that she was most likely at the market. In the meantime, the client asked them to simply keep an eye on Dinah until she came back.

"Such a cute little thing," Moxxie commented, laying the bowl of water down. He held his hand just over Dinah. She stretched her back up against it, purring. "I'm not much of a cat person, but I think I could get used to this."

"Don't let Loonie hear you say that," Blitzo chuckled. "Which reminds me..." Taking his phone out, he checked the time. Their client's sister would be home very soon, so he decided to call up Loona.

" Hello?"

"Hey, Loonie, it's me. I think we're just about wrapping this mission up. Would you mind opening the portal?"

" Uh yeah, give me a sec... Let me finish this up real quick... "

Blitzo listened and could hear the subtle sounds of chimes and beeps. He rolled his eyes. Evidently, she was more on her game than opening the portal back to the office. But after about a minute he heard her say.

" And... saved. Okay, portal coming up. "

As soon as he hung up, a hole in reality was pulled open in the kitchen. Blitzo saw her closing up the book, behind a desk that had bags of chips, a soda, and a game collar. "About time you guys finished," Loona said. "You were taking forever and I was..." Then Loona's eye twitched, and a snarl grew on her face.