two

dear luke,

a lot of people here have heard about me through your book. i either get sympathetic glances or dirty glares. it kills me to think that you're dead, and that book was the last piece people have of you, yet they twist the story around to focus on our relationship. do they not understand that you went through tears and pain writing that book, not love and infatuation?

it's disgusting, really. to have the media glorify and romanticize your story. it must suck, you're most likely facepalming up there. it's cruel, it's exactly what happened to books like the fault in our stars, or if anne frank were to have a boyfriend in her diary, people would probably do the same thing and twist everything around to elaborate on that.

you did not die so people could use your title freely. your book should only be used to share how unfair we were treated, how we weren't happy, what depression can do to you. it should teach suicidal kids that suicide is not romantic or cute, it's a mental illness and people care. not that as long as you have a lover then everything's okay.

i refuse to let your name be said for anything other than a hero's tale. i miss you more and more everyday.

i love you to the moon and back,

michael.