epilogue

i kind of imagine luke watching michael from above with this expression a lot.

enjoy ! v & c pls

michael wanders aimlessly around the empty hallways of his shared home with calum and ashton. it was two months after his therapy treatment, and he was truly happy again. of course, it took a lot of explaining what was happening, omitting the events such as imprisonment, luke, and drunk driving.

"mikey, what're you doing?" calum's sleepy voice breaks michael out of his trance. he was startled, but smiles when realizing who it was. "it's seven in the morning."

"is it? oops," michael shrugs, reading the various titles of books before him. "i just couldn't sleep. can i read these?"

"you live here, too, you know. just do whatever you want." calum explains for probably the hundredth time. michael nods, as he always does, and picks out a book that caught his eye before.

"is this one any good?" he innocently asks, handing it to calum for him to examine.

calum gapes at his choice, panicking on the inside. in his palm was luke's book, the dusty cover with silver lettering, 'imprisonment' across the middle. he never paid attention to what the doctor said about certain things triggering michael's memory. but, he says nonetheless, "it's brilliant. had me in tears by the end." he truthfully praises the book.

"sorry for waking you. i'll just make myself something to eat and head on to bed," michael sheepishly tells calum. "you can go sleep now."

"nah, i'm already energetic. i'll make us three some pancakes." calum ruffles michael's bed head, then walks into the kitchen.

meanwhile, michael opens the book, grimacing at the collected dust on the inside. the first couple pages were blank, then a trigger warning. finally, a page read-

dedicated to my loving brother, jack, and the love of my life. love you always, michael.

michael smiles, wishing he could find someone like this 'luke' to love him. ever since the shocking, he found himself dazed sometimes, barely remembering little things, like his name or who the two people he lives with were.

when calum finishes with breakfast, he walks into the living room to find michael silently sobbing on the couch, the book open and in his lap. he immediately starts to collect himself, rubbing his eyes and wiping his cheek furiously. "this book, it's just-"

"i know," calum sighs, allowing michael to begin crying in his shoulder. "how far'd you get?"

"to the part where he says i love you back." michael picks the book back up.

"i'll leave you to finish." calum mutters, picking up the plate of pancakes and walking back into the kitchen to set the dining table.

+++

when ashton and calum are eating their breakfast and quietly arguing about if it was safe for michael to read luke's book, a loud thud interrupts them. without a second thought, calum dashes to the living room to make sure michael's okay. instead, he finds the book thrown across the room and michael sobbing in the couch pillows.

"i hate that book! i-i want to burn it!" he shouts, pointing at the beaten-up story. calum rushes to his side, swiping michael's tears away with the pads of his thumbs. he shushes him.

"i reacted the same way, mikey," he hugs him. "it's okay."

"it's so sad be-because the michael guy prob-probably blames himself. a-and he lost the love of his life, jesus christ i'm too emotional," michael nuzzles his face into calum's neck, dampening it.

ashton watches from the doorway with tears welling.

"luke and michael really loved each other. more than anything. and michael did blame himself, a lot, but it wasn't his fault, you know?"

"i wish i could find someone who loves me the way they loved each other." michael confesses quietly.

ashton wipes his wet cheeks, heartbroken. because michael will never know he's the michael luke fell in love with.

t h e e n d

hey guys !!

i hope no one cried even tho this story s uc ked

but yeah if anyone actually wants a spinoff cashton story pls comment or pm me !!

love you thanks for voting if you did and i hope u have a nice life !!!