•Chapter 2•

Lumine had collected her rewards from her commissions while Paimon was nagging her about something.

"Come on, Lumine! I'm hungry!"

"Your stomach is a bottomless pit Paimon, you're always hungry," Lumine replied.

Where should I go now? Lumine thought.

"Aha! Traveler!" came a voice.

The Traveler and her companion turned around.

"Lan? What's up? Have you got a commission for us?" Paimon asked.

"Well, yes. There's been a few sightings of...weird looking Hillichurls near Wangshu Inn. Can you take them for us?" Lan asked.

The Traveler signed. Of course, she would accept this commission, it's just that Hillichurls have popped up more recently.

"Sure." Lumine smiled faintly.

"Thanks Traveler."

Lumine teleported to a nearby waypoint since she didn't want to walk.

On inspection, she didn't find any Hillichurls. Until she found one, only one.

"That's awfully weird. Why is there only one? And why does it look, demonic?" Paimon questioned.

Lumine started to walk towards it but there was a green flash and the demonic Hillichurl layed on the ground, disintegrating.

"Filthy mutations," a voice spat.

Lumine finally saw who was talking, a man with black hair and teal undertones and clothes that would've looked weird if Lumine wasn't wearing weird clothes herself. By those fighting movements, it was no doubt he was an Adeptus.

Xiao finally noticed the young-looking blonde that was staring at him.

"Mortal? What are you doing here?" he asked coldly.

It was getting dark, a mortal shouldn't be here at this time.

"We were assigned to take down the Hillichurls, but I guess we're not needed," Paimon said.

"You shouldn't be here. It's dangerous."

"We've done much worse things then kill a few Hillichurls at night," Paimon replied.

The Adeptus simply huffed and flashed away.

"He's so...cold!" Paimon complained. "At least he isn't too rude."

°Time Skip After They Told Lan They Finished The Commission°

"Paimon," the Traveler asked her companion, "When is the Rite Of Decension?"

"Oh it should be in three weeks! Paimon can't wait!"

"You can't wait for the food," Lumine muttered.

"Hey! Paimon heard that!"

Lumine giggled, "Come on, we can go get you your food."

Paimon's mood instantly changed and she flew hastily to Wanmin restaurant.

"Don't order everything Paimon!"

~~~

Xiao was out eating Almond Tofu. It was rare for him to find anyone after dark, so he couldn't stop thinking about that certain blonde.

Would he ever see her again?

She's a mere mortal, it's best she stays away from me, Xiao tried to convince himself.

"Xiao?" Verr Goldet asked. "Is everything alright? You're not normally here for this long."

Xiao finally realised that he wasn't on the balcony, but rather sitting down in Wangshu Inn's kitchen.