•Chapter 9•

Two days later...

"Traveler! Today's the day we compete in the Crux Clash!" Paimon said.

"Oh, yes. Where was it again?"

"You forgot?!" the fairy sighed, "It's on Guyun Stone Forest, come on."

The two arrived on the island, finding Beidou waiting for them.

"Ah, you've arrived. I guess we can start it now. Unless you want to chat with your competitors?" Beidou asked.

"No thanks," Lumine responded quickly. I don't wanna waste my time. She thought.

Beidou cleared her throat, "Welcome everyone! As you all know, you will be competing in the Crux Clash. So we will start off with our first round. I present to you, a friendly female traveler who stroke down one of the Four Winds of Monstadt, a helping hand along the regions, here lies, the traveler Lumine!"

A graceful smile played on the Traveler's lips, while murmurs went over the crowd about her arrival.

Beidou continued, "Now, for our other competitor. A woman (I still question why there were no women there) who is as swift as a cheetah with her blade, a trustful helper of the Adventurer's Guild, here lies, Heriah!"

Lumine locked eyes with her opponent.

.

.

.

.

.

Well this is easy, she thought as a third of Heriah's HP went down with one hit.

~~~

Xiao was still flustered with what happened the other day.

Of course, he probably was shy to see the Traveler again, but he couldn't help but follow her when he saw her in the Harbor. And that is what led him to be watching her every move while she annihilated everybody.

From a far enough distance so he could see everything without anyone seeing him, he realised everything that was going on.

Including the poisoning of the refreshment drinks.

His eyes widened when he saw the waiter pour a deathly green substance into the drinks.

Obviously, he couldn't just sit there and watch everyone get poisoned. He had to do something. So he quickly flashed over to the scene.

~~~

"Honestly, you're wiping the floor with these guys Traveler!" Beidou complimented.

I'm not even sweating, this is too easy. She thought.

A waiter rolled over with a tray of refreshment drinks. Yes, they looked refreshing, but Lumine didn't really care. She just wanted to get this over with so she could go see Xiao.

"Hello ma'am. Would you like one?" the waiter asked Lumine.

"No, thank you. What about you, Beidou?"

"Nah, I'm good. Had a couple a few minutes ago," Beidou replied.

In the corner of Lumine's eye, she saw a green flash. With her mind already on a particular person, she rushed over.

"Xiao!" She ran excitedly into the Adeptus.

"Lumi," Xiao softened his tense figure at the girl's touch.

Lumine was so excited she didn't even realise what Xiao had called her. (cutee)

He snapped back into reality, "Did you take one of those drinks?"

"No, why do you ask?" Lumine suddenly realised, "Wait, how are you here? How do you know about that?"

"Actually, what did you just call me?"

Xiao blushed furiously. He had fallen heavily for this adorable mortal.

"Those drinks are poisoned."

"What?! Oh no, someone probably took one!"

Suddenly, a voice called out, "Don't worry no one did."

It was Heriah, Lumine's first opponent. "I saw the drinks the minute they were poisoned. After the server talked with you, I beat them to a pulp and threw the drinks away."

Lumine took a breath of relief, "Thank the Archons."

She turned back to Xiao, "Now, what are you doing here? I thought you were at Wangshu Inn?"

"Well," Xiao replied, "I wanted to come see you."

Lumine smiled at the male's blushing figure. He looked so adorable. With his teal hair and golden irises. And his soft lips. Those oh so soft lips Lumine dreamed to kiss.

"So," Lumine blinked. "It's the semi-finals. You can just watch me pulverise these dudes!"

Lumine had a cute and confident smirk on her face.

Beidou started on with the introductions but Lumine only caught a few pointers, he was swift on his feet  but didn't pay attention to slip-ups.

Does he have extra HP or something? He's like a tank. Lumine thought.

He was pretty weak, but he was fast and built like a tank. It took a while but Lumine still won.

"It was obvious you would win," Beidou said. "I can take you to Inazuma, no problem!"

Xiao face went sad realising why his Lumi was here. She was only here to leave him.

"Oh actually, about that..." Lumine started.

"Hm?"

"I don't think I'll be going to Inazuma anymore. After all that's happening over there, it might be better to come back later. I will take the master-less Vision though. Although I don't really need since I can manipulate the elements, I'd like to tinker with it!" Lumine ended.

"That's fine. It was a unique experience seeing you gracefully destroy them anyway." Beidou handed her the Vision.

Xiao's eyes lit up. Had she changed her mind for him? Most likely. She had already accepted his confession, perhaps she doesn't like long-distance relationships?

"Come on Xiao, I have something to tell you," the ex-traveler led him a few metres away.

"Yes Lumi?"

"I absolutely love you, y'know that? So it's obvious I wouldn't go to Inazuma and leave you here," her gaze lingered on his lips.

"Can I kiss you?" she accidentally blurted out.

"I..uh..I mean..love you!"

Xiao chuckled at the humans behaviour. "Of course,"

Xiao pressed his lips against Lumine's for a soft but passionate kiss. A truly lovey-dovey one.

~~~

"Why are you back Paimon?" Verr Goldet asked the fairy who was eating some Sweet Madame.

"Don't know, Paimon saw Xiao from afar. So Paimon saved herself the trouble and came," Paimon replied.

"You know Zhongli's still up there? Right?"

"Oh yeah, Paimon almost forgot. How long do you think he'll be there?"

"Long enough to realise Xiao's having fun with his girlfriend."