•Chapter 16•

(i've thought about it, I might write smut AND IT'S MY BIRHFDAY)

Xiao didn't know how he got caught up in this.

Lumine dragged him to different stores, places and bought him many things.

Declining them multiple times, Lumine still bought them.

And now they were carrying a load of stuff.

"I wonder where Aether and Paimon are?"

"Having a better time than this," Xiao mumbled.

"Huh? What'd you say?"

"Nothing."

~~~

"Where the hell are they?!"

Paimon and Aether had been waiting at the stand for hours upon hours, looking for the dear couple.

"Probably off making out under a tree."

"And they forgot about us?!" Paimon crossed her arms angrily.

Aether spotted familiar green locks in the crowd, "Oh wait, there they are!"

Paimon noticed them and stomped off in their direction.

"Lumine! Xiao! It feels weird to call you that..." Paimon whispered the last part. "What were you guys doing?!"

Lumine watched Paimon look away from them, "Eheh.. I guess that's my fault."

"It is!" Paimon pointed at the stand, "You're lucky the Dendro Archon was nice enough to wait!"

Lumine looked in the direction Paimon was pointing and saw a little god cutely waving at her.

"Stop shouting, my ears hurt.." Xiao held his head.

"You can't talk either!"

After settling that 'minor' dispute, everyone was introduced to the Dendro Archon.

"Are you the Traveler who took down Dvalin? It's wonderful to meet you," Nahida stuck her hand out. "I could learn so much from someone as powerful as you. How did you even take one of the Four Winds down after a few weeks of even being in Mondstadt?

That was a lot to take in. "Nice to meet you too, Nahida. It really wasn't that hard with the help of the knights."

"I see. So the cooperation is what helped you most?"

Xiao mumbled some incoherent words to himself, slightly upset that they had been talking for almost two hours.

He wasn't the only one. Paimon and Aether had started to yawn.

"Ah, It's been a long time," Nahida finally noticed. "I have become more enlightened by talking to you. I feel as if I have learned new things, as if you're my teacher. Thank you very much."

"I should be thanking you instead Nahida, its been amazing talking to you."

"Are you guys done? Paimon's about to fall asleep." She turned to the sleeping male beside her, "And Aether already has too."

Paimon shook him awake before reprimanding him how impolite that was.

"Anyway, we'll be on our way now."

"I hope to see you again sometime soon, Lumine."

"Can we get some food?!" Paimon asked, suddenly hyper after saying goodbye to the Dendro Archon.

"Sure, but the last one there pays!" She said before running off.

Paimon automatically switched to panic mode, thinking that she might be last one there.

She was.

~~~

"How's Paimon even going to pay?"

"With her soul, or what else? She has no mora." Lumine joked.

"HEY! Paimons right here you know!"

The air was filled with hearty laughter.

In the end, Lumine and Aether split the bill.

~~~ (Bonus part of them getting drunk)
(paimon isn't here and xiao didn't get drunk and is watching this)

"Itto was right when he said Paimon looked like a flying Lavender Melon!" Aether chuckled.

"A dumb one too. How'd she even drown when she can fly?"

Xiao stifled a laugh when he heard that.

"How'd you meet Ayaka?" Lumine slurred on her words.

That set Aether on a roller coaster of emotions. One minute he was laughing, remembering the time when Ayaka got embarrassed over dancing for him. Then he was crying, remembering the time when Ayato didn't approve of their relationship. Thinking it would break her heart if he had to move worlds.

Xiao clicked his tongue at how dumb the two looked. How they both got their hands on Sumeru alcohol and were now spilling their hearts out, he didn't know.

Paimon was off sleeping somewhere, obviously having no idea of this interaction.

"Ayaka is so cute sometimes! She always gets flustered when I bring stuff like what up."

"So is Xiao," he coughed when he heard Lumine talking about him. "He always gets flustered after one kiss."

Having enough of all of this, he took the bottle away from the two. They whined before quickly falling asleep.

Xiao didn't get flustered! Never, not once.

"Xiao.." Lumine murmered in her sleep.

Okay, maybe he did get flustered. Just at things like that though!

___________________

say happy birthday to me please‼️