•Chapter 11•

Lumine's eyes watered. Was it really him? Her brother, after all this time?

Aether noticed the male standing beside his sister. Who was he? Why was he there, interrupting this family reunion?

Lumine rubbed her eyes to stop crying, "Aether! I.. You're...You're finally here!"

"Lumine. I..missed you," he smiled at his twin, trying to do his best to ignore Xiao, "But, who is he?"

"Him?" She looked at Xiao, then back at her brother. "He's..uh... He's my friend!" she lied.

Lumine wondered why her brother had asked about Xiao instead of her. Maybe he was just curious?

She ran over to Aether, squeezing the air out of him.

"Where have you-" she caught sight of the Abyss Mage standing in front of them.

(I had to go finish the 3.1 quest and when I came back this story had 499 views... :0 A/N)

"Aether...why is there an Abyss Mage behind you?"

"Well, it's a long story..."

"We can talk about it later! I have so many things I wanna do with you! We can finally go home!"

"Home....is wherever we are together."

Xiao felt a pang of jealousy in his heart. Why was he feeling this way? It was just her brother. The whole reason she even met him was because she was on a quest to find her brother.

"Lumine," Xiao called out but he wasn't heard over the girl's excitement.

"Lumine," Aether said, "I didn't mean to interrupt your time with him," Aether pointed at Xiao. (We boutta cause some dramaa)

"You don't mind it, right Xiao?"

Xiao locked eyes with Lumine, he couldn't say no. "I...don't mind."

"I don't want Xiao to feel left out so how about we get to know eachother better?"

In all honesty, Aether didn't like the male. He seemed too attached to his twin. Maybe they weren't just friends...

His thoughts were disrupted when Lumine dragged the both of them to Monstadt City.

On Lumine's way there, she bumped into a familiar red-dressed Outrider.

"Amber!" she shouted.

"Lumine?" the Outrider gasped. "Is that your twin?"

She nodded vigorously, "Yes! I finally found him!"

"Master Jean would be thrilled to hear this. So would everyone else! I'll go tell them right away! Congrats!" with that Amber ran off.

"I can show you Good Hunter!"

After showing Aether Good Hunter, she showed him all around Monstadt, forgetting the Yaksha trailing behind. Aether couldn't help but smile when Xiao couldn't keep up with Lumine's fast pace. (Just dash bro)

Lumine introduced Aether to all her friends and then she got dragged to tell them all about him, mostly Amber. Leaving Xiao and Aether alone outside the KoF headquarters. (Knights of Favonius)

"You and my sister are in a relationship, aren't you?" Aether asked the Yaksha.

Xiao's eyes widened for a split second, "Even if we were, why would I tell you?"

"I can tell when my sister's lying, plus your sad little looks kept hinting at it." (I'm don't feel remorse for making you evil)

"I'll treat you nice for now, but hurt Lumine and I will show you no mercy," Aether glared at him.

"I don't even know how you two are twins, but just know I know your real identity," Xiao said.

It took Aether a minute to process what the Yaksha said but when he did, Lumine was already there. He couldn't question Xiao about it.

"I think I was a little too hyper," Lumine giggled, "Now I'm out of energy. How about we stay at Goth Hotel and go exploring tomorrow?"

The males agreed.

"But you two are sharing a room!" Lumine ran off to the hotel using her last strength.

Aether and Xiao didn't like that, but they both had to.

As Lumine slept away in her room, Aether and Xiao were about to go off.

"I will slit your throat," Aether threatened.

"I'm a Yaksha, you couldn't possibly do that to me without dying yourself," Xiao responded.

"Oh no, the Conqueror of Demons, please have mercy!" Aether mocked.

"You have such a pathetic attitude and personality, you and Lumine are complete opposites."

"Fuck off."

~~~

The next day, Lumine completely missed the tension between the two when she brought them to Liyue. Whenever she turned to look at them, Aether pretended everything was okay while Xiao always softened at her gaze.

"Here is Wanmin Restaurant! Xiangling isn't here today, so her father's here!"

"If it isn't the Traveler," Chef Mao smiled, "Are you here with some friends?"

"Yep! We'd like one of your Jueyun Chili Chickens please!" Lumine replied.

"Why only one?" Aether asked.

"Well I'm not hungry and Xiao can only eat Almond Tofu. So we'll watch you try it! Actually, I can make some Almond Tofu for you, if you want Xiao?"

"That would be nice."

As Lumine ran off, Aether chuckled.

"You're so whipped for my sister. She's like the light in your dark and filthy world," he smirked.

"Shut up," Xiao became a little flustered. (Okay I've had my fun)

"I trust you with her. You're a good person."

Xiao was confused. There was tension a few seconds ago. "...Thank you."

"Now, what did you mean-"

"I'm back!" Lumine shouted with a plate of Tofu jiggling in her hands.

She carefully handed it to Xiao. (My food has to be perfect or I throw it away)

Xiao and Aether ate their food while Lumine talked on and on about Liyue's cultures.

"And then there's the Geo Archon, I've met him before-"

"Ah Lumine, what a coincidence," Zhongli noticed the female.

"Zhongli! It's been a while," Lumine smiled.

Xiao eyes widened upon seeing Morax.

"Indeed it has. Hello there Xiao, and someone I'm guessing is Lumine's twin?"

"I met him yesterday, I was really excited! Oh yeah, his name's Aether."

"How have you been Xiao?" Zhongli asked.

"Alright."

"And Lumine?" Zhongli turned to the Traveler

"Better having Xiao with me and meeting Aether!"

"I'm taking that as your relationship has been going well?" the Archon questioned.

"Yep!" Lumine nodded.

The female's eyes widened when she realised Aether didn't know about their relationship.

"I can't tell when you're lying Lumi, I knew you two were together," Aether explained.

Lumine sighed a breath of relief, "How about we go to the Golden House?"