7 | Latte and Madeleine's Shenanigans

Espresso took a singular step outside as Latte dragged him down to the chair, almost knocking him over. "You almost spilt Madeleine's tea!" Espresso whispered angrily. "Why would you care? Don't you "despise" Light Magic users?" Latte snickered. "I- You're right. I do." Espresso said, slightly sounding forced. Latte laughed before saying, "Anyways, I wanted to talk about the hangout! You know how excited I am to see my little brother!" Latte yelled. She was excited alright... Espresso rolled his eyes and asked, "What is it? I'm on a tight schedule today." "Yet you spent 2 hours at Madeleine house." Latte laughed. Espresso's eyes widened as he took a look at his phone. It read, 7:53 PM. Espresso covered his face as he thought about his decisions made today. Latte couldn't keep her composure. She started giggling before saying, "E-Excuse me for a moment!"

 As she barged into Madeleine's home rolling on the floor in laughter. Madeleine panicked as he yelled, "What's going on? Are you alright? I am in confusion!" Madeleine panics, sending Latte laughing harder. As she finally slowed down she ended up in ball on the floor, wiping her tears as both Madeleine and Espresso stared at her in concern. "Oh, right. Let's go outside." Latte coughed, dragging Espresso to the patio again. 

Espresso sat down, terrified. "Are you alright?" Espresso asked, worryingly. "I'm fine! It's just... i'm proud of you. You haven't made a friend since we were kids! I'm just happy that you finally found someone!" Latte exclaimed happily, still wiping tears. "Friends? Madeleine and I are not friends. We are simply just..." Espresso paused. What is Madeleine to him? An enemy? Correct? "-An enemy." Espresso concluded. "A-An enemy?" Latte giggled, "First, you spend 2 hours at his house. Second, you drink his tea-" Espresso spat out the tea from his mouth. "ACTUALLY. HE GAVE IT TO ME." "You finished that one silly! That ones Madeleines. He told me himself." Madeleine stared at Espresso, winking. Espresso dropped the empty cup and sat up. "I must not waste more time here. I had to push back my experiments as well." Espresso said, slowly walking off the patio. "No! Wait! I'll get to the point now I swear!" Espresso paused. Sitting on the steps. "Make it quick." Espresso said. "Okay, so I was thinking I'd come to your house and help with your experiments! Please? I haven't seen your work since I've left for the Institute!" Latte begged. "It does sound nice. I need help around the lab anyways. What day?" Espresso asked. "I was thinking every Monday." "Hm, sure. I'll take it." Espresso obliged. 

Latte looked at Madeleine and smirked. Espresso tilted his head in confusion as Latte waved her hands indicating nothing. "I should get going. I was told to sleep early today. I'll be heading off." Espresso started to walk away as Latte yelled, "HE GOT YOU TO SLEEP?" "Yes." Espresso said, rolling his eyes. As Latte sat up, she walked into Madeleine's home. "Okay, good news. He said yes to Mondays. Bad news. He still thinks of you as an enemy." Latte said. Madeleine shrugged but still smiling at the good news. "Thank you Latte! I shall take this with gratitude." Madeleine smiled. Latte smiled back as they both waved goodbye and Latte flew back to her home. He checked the time, 8:34 PM.

 Okay! Time to head out. Madeleine grabbed his cape and took his house keys as he walked outside, heading towards Espresso's house. Madeleine walked before his phone buzzed. Latte texted. "Attachment: 1" He clicked on the image with two cups beside each other, empty. Madeleine laughed as he continued walking. He knocked on Espresso's door before being greeted by Espresso. "Hello my dear friend! May I come in?" "Madeleine, we just spoke 10 minutes ago." "Oh, I know!" "Fine, you can come in." Espresso moved out the way letting him in. Madeleine stared at Espresso, his cut was healed. He also realized he had slight freckles on his nose. He took a look at his eyes. How mesmerizing.

 Espresso snapped. Madeleine flinched and saw Espresso was waving his hands in front of him. "Hello?" Espresso said. "Oh, my sincere apologies." "It's fine." "Okay! Anyways-" Madeleine grabbed Espresso's wrist and ran straight to his bedroom. "Excuse m-" Madeleine took his cape off and slowly removed Espresso's glasses. Espresso didn't fight back. Why? Because he was tired anyways. The tea made him exhausted. As Madeleine threw Espresso onto the bed he brung the blankets over him. Espresso glared at Madeleine as he simply smiled back. Madeleine moved the hair out of his face sending a tingling sensation down Espresso's spine, making him jolt up. Espresso covered his face as he sank into the covers, disappearing. Madeleine simply laughed as he turned off all the lights. As soon as he heard soft breathing he poked Espresso's cheek. "May the divine give you sweet dreams, Espresso cookie." Madeleine whispered, before walking out. As soon as Espresso heard the door clothes he screamed into his pillow and closed his eyes again. Espresso looked on his night stand, taking two melatonin gummies, as he shoved them into his mouth and chewed he slowly started to drift asleep.