19 | Doors

Espresso stayed silent. Red Velvet stared in confusion as he walked out the room, leaving the two cake hounds. They began to walk towards Espresso as he stepped back. He backed up towards the wall as they kept sniffing him. He braced for impact as one jumped at him, landing straight on him. Espresso tugged on the chains as the cake hounds seemed to examine him. He cringed as one began to lick him. He squeezed his eyes tight as the door opened. He opened his eyes to see Red Velvet and Licorice. "I thought the one next door was their room?" "It clearly says otherwise on the door." "Whoops." Licorice shrugged. Espresso stared as Licorice glared at him. "What?" Espresso looked down, not speaking. Pomegranate walked in. She turned to the both of them and squinted towards the door. Both of them sighed as they walked out. "Red, the hounds." Red Velvet walked back in to retrieve their dogs. "Hello, Espresso Cookie." Pomegranate said, closing the door. Espresso blinked, looking away subtlety. "I drive a deal." She says, walking around the room, looking away from him. "You, Espresso, hand us the Soul Jam. I, Pomegranate, give you a favor." She spoke, stopping her walking. "You drive a hard deal..." Espresso responds. "What favor do you hand?" "..." Pomegranate stayed silent, smiling as she covered her mouth with her sleeve. Espresso stared deeply. "A favor. What is unclear?" "What favor?" Espresso asked. Pomegranate squinted, holding her head with her hand. "Where is Madeleine?" Espresso asked, seemingly shamelessly. "Why would you care about him? He was awfully loud." Was? He left? Espresso scrunched his eyebrows in confusion as he struggled with the chains. "Tell me the Soul Jams whereabouts. She is waiting." "For?" "For a favor in return." "May this be any favor?" "... Yes." She said, turning around. "It rests in the Republic." He sighed. She smiled, covering her mouth. She laughed. "Haha, oh yes!" She erupted in small laughter and rushed out the room. Espresso sat there. Practically useless. He stared at the floor until he felt a cold numbing sensation at his wrists. His eyes widened as he turned back to find the cause of this sensation. The chains rapidly began disintegrating. He immediately stood up, rushing towards the door. He twisted the knob. Locked. He kicked the door as he collapsed down, he smelt faint particles of poison mushrooms shroomies. He held his breath as he crawled to the other side of the room. He took in a gasp as he fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Madeleine arrived to the front of the place, alone. He felt as if asking everyone was overdoing it. He told them he would do it himself and ensured them he'd be alright. As he caught a glimpse of the facade as he walked straight into it. As it blurred into a huge castle looking structure he rushed inside. He made tons of noise before someone came stomping down the stairs. He gasped before ducking under a table. "Red? Are one of your cake hounds loose again?" Licorice asked in a subtle annoyed tone. He left no response as he peeked under the white cloth of the table, spotting Licorice walking around the halls. He covered his mouth before moving the cloth back down. He heard Licorices footsteps creep closer before dashing out the table. "Wha-" Madeleine shot up the stairs and dashing into a closet. It lingered of... literal mold but it didn't matter to him as of now. He cringed in disgust, feeling lucky he used a ponytail. He completely forgot about what happened to his hair, as it had blended in. He held his breath as what he thought would be Licorice ran up the stairs. "What was that?" Apparently it was Red Velvet, holding Chiffon. Licorice panted up the stairs, "Was that- Was that Chiffon?" Licorice gasped, "Sorry I feel like my soul just evaporated-" "It sure wasn't Chiffon. We were together for like the past few hours." Red Velvet stated, scratching Chiffons head. "Oh. False alarm." Licorice shrugged, walking back down the stairs. Red Velvet walked back into their room as Chiffon happily pranced along. Madeleine exhaled sharply as he exited the reeking closet. He turned the hall to see an extraordinarily long hallway. He closed his eyes, practically praying to the Divine. He opened his eyes and began to knock at every door. How utterly stupid.

Authors Note:
Next few chapters are probably going to be a new writing placement. Since most find it hard to read dialogue I am planning to separate the dialogue.

P.S
I might put Madeleine in a doors game. /hj