21 | Fragmented

Madeleine and Espresso exited the tent, heading towards Purple Yams. He peeked through the small crack and noticed Milk was missing. Out of worry Madeleine had opened the tent.

"Where's Milk?"

Madeleine had asked, opening the tent a bit more.

He immediately had regretted his decision, he shut the tent closed fully and walked away, hurriedly.

"Madeleine? What happened? You're probably overreacting."

"No, they're literally in the same tent."

"No, obviously. I'm not idiotic."

Espresso said, frowning as Madeleine dragged him along the forest.

"Is Yam alright?"

"Do you even care about milk?"

"Not really."

"He literally gave up his tent just for us to lay in  it."

"He is also a homosexual."

"Now, what does that have to do with anything I am talking about?"

Espresso let out a breathless laugh as Madeleine had stopped near a tree, slumping down.

"You know where we are heading to, correct?"

"No, not really."

Espresso slowly turned his head towards Madeleine who is basically dripping in sweat and breathing heavily.

"Maybe if you didn't wear a few hundred pounds of armor, you wouldn't have to be so physically exhausted all the time."

"Rather be safe than sorry."

Espresso scoffed at his response, sitting down on the edge of the tree as well.

"May you explain what had happened in the tent?"

Espresso asked, crossing his arms.

Madeleine wiped sweat off his cheek, smiling and looking away.

"I think- I think your glasses are broken."

"Madeleine, stop changing the topic. They are not broke-"

Espresso took off his glasses, staring at the broken lenses.

"Madeleine. This was my last pair. What the hell?"

"It isn't my fault. It was fine when I took them off?"

"You took them off me?"

"Yes."

Madeleine said, still wiping sweat off his cheek.

Espresso sighed, staring at the shattered lenses.

"What will I ever do with him..."

Espresso mumbled, putting the glasses back on.

"You're fine, it looks great on you."

Madeleine said, giving a very reassuring thumbs up.

"Mhm."

Espresso said, swiping his hand at him in a motion for him to look away.

Madeleine obliged, looking away.
Espresso made sure he was looking away before using a small amount of light magic in order to repair his glasses, it returned back to a bright and new state with a pop. He tapped Madeleines shoulder as he turned back around.
Espresso had put the glasses back on and stared off into the distance.

"Oh wow, who taught you that?"

Madeleine said, raising his eyebrows teasingly.

Espresso crossed him arms, squinting his eyes as he turned away.

Madeleine laughed as he took his arm,

"Let's get going, although I still have no idea where I am going."

Espresso sighed, letting Madeleine drag him along towards what seemed to be a source of light. He beseeched for it not to be anything else but the kingdom.

—-

Latte awoke, staring out into the sea as Seaweed continues her work. She fiddled with her fingers, absolutely baffled what Espresso had done to her. Her own sibling? She was hurt.
She stood up, waving goodbye to Seaweed, giving her her thanks and walked through the glistening night.
She hoped no one saw her like this, alone. Especially one of her students, they'd be disappointed. She hoped to find Financier, she had always been there for her even while she was going through rough times. They were great friends. Knowing Financiers schedule, she doubt she'd have free time. Alone. With her greatest friend. Not the best, just a good friend.

—-

Madeleine kept walking, still having no idea where he was headed to.
Espresso, on the other hand, was staring at his surroundings. If he were to recall an area, he'd head there.

"Should we split up?"

Madeleine asked, turning back to Espresso.

Espresso, who was not looking bumped into Madeleine, having dropped his glasses again.

"..."

Espresso bent down, picking up his glasses, readjusting them to his comfortability.

"And lose you again? Haha, no."

Espresso responded, taking off his glasses and cleaning the lenses using his sleeve.

Madeleine shrugged, taking Espressos arm to begin their walking once more.

"How did we get in this situation?"

Espresso mumbled, speaking to himself as he looked at the ground.

"It was supposed to be the time you take your break, but it back fires and turned in to creating missing work, missing people, and missing hair."

"Missing hair?"

Espresso stopped mid step, grabbing Madeleine back to keep him from walking.

"I need an explanation? What did you mean by missing hair?"

"That was a note to myself, do not worry about it."

Madeleine awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of his neck.

Espresso cupped Madeleines face into his hands, staring at his face.

"Are you sure? Certainly positive?"

"No."

Madeleine responded, holding Espresso's wrist and smiling.

"Madeleine, please. What had happened?"

"It's not important. I'm not too fond of my hair anyways.

Complete lie. He adored his hair. Basically one of the biggest reasons on why he gets up in the morning.

"We'll speak about it later then..."

Espresso let get of his face, stepping back to continue walking.

—-

Latte was known to be a travel type. She simply adored traveling to tons of vast places and meeting people. Although she hated school field trips.
She had sent a letter, to Financier, wanting to talk about her problems. She felt bad, she'd admit, but it would only get worse overtime. She really felt like she needed to let go of something, someone.
Meet new people, get new hobbies. She still has the institute. Would it be possible?
She really didn't know.

She sat on a bench, waiting for someone to show up. She didn't feel like crying. She just wanted to talk. Maybe Financier had something to say, perhaps she's not the busy today? She certainly hopes not. She looks forward to that moment.

—-