FOUR / "Student of the Semester"

CYBER // JOSIE

"OHHH! I remember now! Yeah, I totally remember talking to you!" Hartley said.

My eyebrows raised as I smiled. "You do?"

"Of course! Sorry, I was a little tired when we talked."

I hummed. "Well, thanks for showing me around."

"Oh my goodness, no problem. Jaxon, Josie, I'll see you in third period," Hartley said with a big smile before waving and turning around. The last I saw was her talking to Jake and Amy I think their names are.

"That was awkward," Jaxon said with a grin.

Of course his locker was right next to mine. I clenched my jaw before taking out my locker combination slip.

My eyes widened when Jaxon's fingers went to his temple and he started subtly moving his other hand towards the padlock. "Jaxon, what the hell are you doing?"

"You do have eyes right? Or did that last fight with Law knock them out your head?"

I took a big deep breath and rolled my eyes. "You can't open your locker like a normal person?"

"But that's exactly it. I'm no normo. So no, I can't."

I looked around to make sure nobody was looking before turning back to my locker. Before I could put in the second number, Jaxon already had his locker open.

Silence overtook us before Jaxon slammed his locker shut, on purpose no doubt. I jumped at the loud noise, probably further securing my place as number eight villain.

"Need some help, sis?"

I shut my eyes and sucked in a breath slowly. "I can do it myself, Jaxon."

"Ok. I'll wait."

Stay calm, Josie. What would Cyber do? She would keep her cool. This was just Jaxon being Jaxon. Justice always had an inflated sense of self. He might be number seven in line for villains, but he was always going to be number one on a list of super self-centered super villains. I had to give number two to Havoc though. She's an interesting character.

If I had super strength like Jaxon, the padlock would be torn to shreds with the way I was gripping and pulling on it. "Fine!" I grunted, noticing how red the inside of my hand was turning. "Can you please help me?"

"Oh. Sure! That's all you had to say," Jaxon said smugly, sending me a smile. He entered my personal space, causing me to stumble backwards and scoff.

Jaxon's fingers went to his temple and he did his stupid telekinesis thing again. The lock unlatched without having to be broken.

"You're welcome."

"I didn't ask," I scoffed before going to my locker and picking up the lock from the floor.

~hours later~

I was in the school bathroom, checking my appearance obviously. Even though I like to do bad things in my free time didn't mean I liked to look bad. In fact, that would ruin the whole point of subtlety.

My baggy dark purple shirt was showing off my collarbone, and I craned my neck to get a better look. There were countless bruises hidden on my body from years of being a villain. I've been doing bad things for the last sixteen years and I'm only sixteen! Huh, I guess there was a faster way to say that. Every fight, every explosion, and every shove off of a building has bruised me. These scars will never go away.