T. FIVE / "The Villains Of Valley View"

Y'all reading my author's notes every 10 months:

HAVOC // AMY

~a few hours earlier~

I HUFF AND FALL back into my bed now that Josie's gone.

"Haha ha haha," a cackling sound comes from my doorway.

Jake. This is what happens when people don't close doors.

I find the nearest pillow and throw it at him. "Go away, shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?"

I'm not satisfied with the smug smile on his face. He's caring less and less whenever Josie and I tease him like that. Leave it to Jake to ruin all the fun.

"Well, for your information, no. I've been doing his pre-calc test review so I can help him study after his ice hockey game..." Jake trails off.

"Oh, that's so great. Keep it up, I hear school districts love hiring washed up villains for teachers." Not my best work, but I'm deflating from my high right now. Josie, she's my high.

With all the kids offering me and Josie marijuana at school, you think I'd have a stash. But nothing's going to damage these super lungs.

He doesn't move from there, but I don't really care because my music's playing and his legs will eventually get tired.

Finally Jake sucks in a breath and raises his chin like he's going to say something. I raise an eyebrow when he doesn't. But then a creepy smile rises on his face.

Rolling my eyes, I bite out a "Ugh, what?"

His smug expression is back, but my disinterest is about to win out.

"I'm telling mom you're in love with our neighbor."

My eyes widen because that's the last thing I expected to hear. "What? I am not in love with Josie!"

Ugh, I would shudder right now if I wasn't so shocked he'd imply something like that. Plus mom still doesn't know Josie and I are together.

"Oh yeah? Then explain why you were saying her name in your sleep two nights ago!"

My mouth sputters in an attempt to throw him off. I don't know what he's talking about or what he heard but he's probably wrong. And I seriously mean probably. I think I think about Josie more than Onyx. "I was— I wasn't sleeping okay? We were on the phone."

"Oh, I was there Amy. You were basically curled up with your thumb in your mouth."

This gets me on my feet as I walk over and pick up the pillow I'd thrown at him. "I think the real problem here is that you enjoy watching your sister sleep," I grumble.