Chapter Twenty-One: Magic Touch

Author's Note - new/extended chapter, not in previous Wattpad version

At some point, we must have drifted off to sleep because I once again woke to the firm muscles of Teddy's chest against my shoulder blades, the heat from his skin burning through my flimsy pyjamas. Of its own volition, my body relaxed into him, and seconds later, his arm draped over my waist, fingers brushing my stomach.

I didn't know if he was awake or asleep, but I shuffled closer anyway, enjoying the long-forgotten sensation of a man's body curled against mine. With a sleepy sigh, Teddy's arm tightened around my stomach, pulling me flush against his front, and my heart stuttered when I felt the unmistakeable strain of an erection digging into my shorts.

Teddy stirred and then jolted awake, immediately yanking his hips away from me.

"Sorry, Soph. My bad."

"Don't apologise," I murmured, shuffling to close the distance between us again and drawing his arm tighter around me. "You're a good big spoon."

He hesitated, his body still tense. "You sure?"

"Mmhm." And I eased his hand beneath my top again, sighing at the softness of his warm fingers as they splayed against the bare skin of my stomach.

We both lay still, as if neither of us dared to make the next move. Yet with each minute that passed, the heat from his touch intensified and spread throughout my body, rendering every pore alert and begging for attention.

Anticipation churned in my gut, Teddy's own mindset seeming to match mine as his heart pounded against my back. The hard length of his erection provided a delicious taster of his size as it pressed tauntingly close to the space between my thighs, and my drowsiness slipped further and further away.

Trying to make it subtle so as not to ruin the tangible moment, I arched back against him, encouraging his hand to slide up my stomach with the change in position. Knuckles grazed the underside of my breasts, and Teddy nuzzled his face into my neck, emerging stubble scratching against sensitive skin, his warm breath coaxing goosebumps to the surface.

"Tell me to stop, and I'll back off straightaway." His husky voice vibrated along my jaw, and I shivered beneath the weight of his arm pinning me to his chest.

"I don't want you to stop. It's just been a while since..." I swallowed a gasp as he rolled his hips against me, this time with promise and purpose—a teasing insight into what I could have if I wanted it.

"Since what? Since someone touched you like this?" Teddy's palm skimmed over my hardened nipples, so lightly that I might not have felt it had my senses not been heightened with desire.

I wondered if his gentleness was a deliberate tactic to tease me or if he was playing it safe, given that I'd previously set clear boundaries between us. Unsure myself of what this meant for us, I tried to lighten the thickening atmosphere—tried to make a joke to ease my conflicting emotions.