Chapter 9: Sunshine

July 3 2019

It was the next day, Schools were over as Anne and Carriette were at home, Anne was making some French fries for Carriette as Anne was feeling tired because she didn't get to sit down and rest in a while.

Anne was frying the French fries as She was staring and was also thinking about Seth. She couldn't stop thinking about the fun and wonderful date they had yesterday. Winters suddenly had a huge smile on her face, She hasn't went on any dates after her divorce.

Anne was done frying as She put it on a plate as Anne took the plate and called Carriette.

Anne: Carriette! French fries is ready.

Anne didn't hear her voice as Winters called her again as She sighed.

( Is she in my room playing with makeup? )

Anne decided to go and check as She opened her room door but didn't see her.

Anne: What the? Where is she?

Winters thought she was in the bathroom. Anne knocked on the bathroom as She spoke.

Anne: Carriette! Are you in there?

She didn't hear anything as Anne was starting to get worried, Anne went to check the other rooms but couldn't find her.

Anne was in the living room thinking as She thinking about calling Lexi.

Before Anne could dial, Anne heard laugher as She turned but didn't see anyone.

Anne: Carriette?

She heard laughing from outside as Anne decided to go outside and check. Winters immediately opened the main door and looked around as the wind was blowing.

Anne: Carrie! Where are you?

Anne turned and saw Carriette laughing and playing with someone as Winters saw who it was.

Seth was smiling as He was holding Carriette, Anne was shocked as Carriette jumped on Seth's back as Seth was laughing as Anne was staring at both of them

Seth noticed her as He stopped running and looked at Anne as He smiled.

Seth: Oh hey Anne.

Carriette: Hi mom!

Anne: You two are having fun without me? I didn't know you were here, Seth.

Seth: *Smiles* Well I was just walking past, Carriette saw me from the window and ran out of the house.

Carriette: I wanna play!

Seth laughed as Carriette went off of his back as Anne smiled then looked at Carriette.

Anne: Okay but next time don't go out lime that, Carrie.

Carriette: *Pouts* Why though?

Anne: Because I always told you not to go out, You scare-