Chapter twenty three

I'd love for you to keep an eye on this photo, I had fun picking this out, from now on I will choose pictures that will link to what is happening in the chapter, enjoy ;)

Currently listening to Mitski and Marina, no need to know that but im telling you anyways. (its because i procrastinate so im probably singing)

------------

Kirari had taken the rest of the day off school soon after Yumeko had wagered her place in the election.

I don't blame Kirari, she said she was going to sort out some "arrangements", I wish she could just lean on me for help instead of doing everything herself!

The rest of the day went by swiftly for me, Kirari insisted I stayed at school; she mentioned needing some along time. The rest of the student council was also requested to visit at Kirari's place so I wasn't to disturb them apparently.

This lunch is dragging... Kirari mentioned Ririka should be waiting around me...

I scanned around the hall and sure enough, Ririka with her mask on was stood staring at me from across the room. It sent chills down my spine but I shook it off, though she had an ominous aura about her when I saw her.

Mary seemed to staring in that same direction, as if she wasn't even mentally in this room anymore.

"Mary!" I tried to scare her but she didn't budge.

"Mary?" Ryota tapped her shoulder.

"Oh my god, what?!" Mary fumed and crossed her arms in a pout.

"Who are you daydreaming about now?" I snickered, at least Mary was distracted from important things, how nice..

"Stop teasing me, you daydream about marrying Kirari everyday!"

Low blow.

"It's your favourite food today remember?" Ryota glance at Mary's tray then back up to her eyes.

"Yeah well I was eating in my daydream"

Ryota just gave me a confused stare and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Anyways," Mary coughed and refocused onto her food.

Her face lit up and she began to dig into her dish. Ryota smiled as she was back to normal.

"Say..." Ryota inquired, "Where is Yumeko?"

I felt my whole body tense up, I was suddenly reminded  of everything, my throat felt stuck and I wanted to choke.

"What do you mean? I'm right here.." There were hands placed on my shoulder, and felt a rubbing sensation, "Relax Y/n~san!"

My hands gripped onto the cutlery in front of me.

Yumeko.

"You look really tense, loosen up!" Yumeko leaned over the back of my chair and her hair was in my face.

In that moment I felt like doing something I would regret when I gripped even tighter, however I was scooped away from my seat and out of the doors.

"Ririka..?" My feet were stumbling, a knife clanged on the floor behind me as I lost sight of everybody. I caught a glace on their faces, Yumeko was gritting her teeth, Mary was staring blankly, Ryota was stood up as if he was to protest to this movement made by Ririka but backed out rather quickly.

What if I was being kidnapped, would you all just stare at me. good lord.

"Ririka let go of me." I snatched my arm out of her hand and she turned to face me.

That same monotone voice spoke to me in the hallway, "Kirari asked me with tears, to keep you safe whilst she was gone, and to immediately keep contact from you and Yumeko minimal when possible." Ririka tightened her fist, "We may have had our differences but I wont go back on a gamble no matter how hard I love you, she is my sister and Yumeko has ruined what we had, maybe this means that Kirari will now start to rely on me."

Ririka dragged me once more; when the bell rang for students to make their way to gamble; and we ended up in... office 4.

Haunting memories overwhelmed me and I gulped when we set foot in that room. The papers were still on the floor, the door lock was still bust and the door had a dent from when Kirari kicked it open that time.

"Here, a simple game of Heads and Tails, Kirari played such a game against me, a childish gamble to have you, Y/n." Ririka took off her mask, a stern face appeared from underneath, " If Kirari bet on you and won, maybe fate as on her side after all, maybe it's supposed to be this way. I couldn't care less that we lose her as the Student Council President and had Yumeko in charge, however you love Kirari..." Ririka gripped onto her skirt and faced the floor, "And I don't want to hurt you anymore, I want to step in and get involved, I want to be the good guy."

I was speechless, waiting for Ririka to finish her vent/rant before she started to pick the pieces of paper off of the floor. I felt obliged to assist her.

"Here, I want you to have a good memory of me in this room and everything involving me, no more fights or obsessions, I don't want anymore futile emotions to keep our... friendship torn."

That seemed hard for Ririka to say..

"I will not allow anything to take Kirari down and upset you, if helping Kirari will help you then I will gladly do it, so I have to do this Y/n."

Do what?

"Furthermore, will you accept my apology and attempt at reconciliation, I will protect you and Kirari."

Apology? to me? Why does she decide to do this now, my emotions are already writhing.

I grabbed her hands, "I accept, Ririka."

"Y/n" Ririka's eyes started to tear up however she hastily grabbed her mask and placed it firmly on her face.

"Well that's settled then, thank you." Ririka walked straight past me at a quick pace.

Is that it..?

"Why are you just standing there? You have lessons!" Ririka yelled at me.

Oh right..

Ririka escorted me to my room, I felt like all eyes were on me, except Yumeko's luckily. I sat myself down to be soon disturbed by Mary.

"Psst." Mary whispered to me, "How did you get to close with Vice. Pres?" Mary pondered.

"She's my wif- My girlfriend's sister, of course I'm close..." I nudged her, "Jealous?"

No response from Mary, just her fixing her posture and continuing to listen to the lesson.

Damn.

------------

School finished finally, Ririka walked me to the Limo and we both got in, with dead silence.

It felt awkward but Ririka did just confess everything to me earlier so I cant expect much.

Once we arrived to the house, The student council were all leaving, hugging and saying goodbye to Kirari.

Maybe its forever..?

Kirari noticed me walking over and softly smiled at me. She welcomed me in and sat me down the couch, whereas Ririka walked past and into her bedroom.

"Let's talk for a while Y/n, I want to talk to my good girl to distract me." Kirari wrapped a blanket over me and placed a pillow on my knees and laid her head there, staring back up at me.

-------------

The calm before the storm :)