female

*Mae*

"Mabel? Mabel, where are you, my love?"

Mama.

I could hear her now.

Her voice calling out to me.

Her arms ready to embrace me at a moment's notice.

Her bright smile that could light up a room and power a whole town if given the right opportunity.

I swear I could still feel her warmth even miles away now, her voice sounding like it was in a tunnel yet the strength inside her tone radiating outwards towards me.

As if she was talking to me through a dream.

As if she was determined to grasp ahold of me even now.

We were separated by time and space, lengths of light travel and timespan that nobody could ever predict that could or would happen in the nearby future.

And yet, I could still feel her presence, could still feel her hands reaching out to grasp ahold of mine through the darkened haze that overpowered my senses and just when I thought all hope was lost, just when I thought I had truly gone mad after all like little Alice in Wonderland, my body was pulled through the thickened haze and I was launched into the warm embrace of my mother's arms.

Gasping as her soft skin made contact with mine for the first time in so long, tears swelled in my eyes that I tried so hard to keep at bay as Mama held me within her arms.

"Mom…"

My voice was nearly inaudible through the heavy static in my ears that was so loud, I could almost see it through my eyes.

It was the strangest sensation to encounter but these dreams were strange to begin with.

They were so vivid, so realistic that I could have sworn that they were actually happening.

A small part of me wondered if the planet and the atmosphere, the oxygen rich scenery that I was taking in visually, was at the cause for these odd, almost hallucinogenic phenomenons.

Something was very different about this planet and I wasn't just talking about the native aliens that inhabited the planet; There was a weird phenomenon that was occuring during these times of restful periods rather frequently, it was almost as if time and space were warping together and creating a unique physical place that was neither on Earth, this new planet or anywhere else that I've ever seen before.

It was almost as if we were on another dimensional sentinel plane altogether.

Almost.

But nothing ever felt quite as familiar as when Mama's arms held me close to her body like she did when I was a young girl and she needed to protect me from the big, bad world, and I sighed when I felt her arms hold me in a powerful, maternal grip that could only be from her.

"Oh, my love. You're alright! God, I feared the worst when I thought of where you and little Lettie would be by now."

Mama exclaimed as she finally pulled back from our prolonged embrace, her blue eyes widening as she held me by the shoulders whilst her gaze flickered around our stationary position in search of my younger sister.

"Where is she, little Lettie? I thought she would be here by now…"

Mama trailed off and I was quick to grab her averting attention by reaching up and squeezing her hands on my shoulders, I didn't know how much time this phenomenon would allow me to have in general, let alone how much time I could spend with my mother and I wasn't going to waste a second of it.

Crash Landingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें