casimir

*Zax*

"Do you understand the great lengths of restraint that I am putting into action to keep myself from throwing you back out onto the streets where you belong?"

Casimir, my father, spoke through gritted teeth as Zephyr led the three of us away from the foyer and towards the dining hall and I wanted to scoff at his words, he thought he knew restraint just because he was a little peeved at my actions as a former ruler of the Kingdom.

He did not understand restraint but he would soon enough when he was around Mabel for as long as I have been.

And even though I haven't spent more than a handful or so of solar passes being around that spitfire of a female, she had begun to grow on me, in a sense.

Like a tremendous itch from an unknown source that I couldn't dig my nails far enough into to relieve, Mabel Minerva had seemingly dug her way beneath my skin like the tales of females had done long ago to their loved ones.

And their lovers as well.

However, I could not spare another thought concerning myself with ingraining the fibers of her being into my body, she would have to learn how to entrust me with her life over time.

It could not be rushed or be of faux genuineness, much like the supposed caring and affection ways that my father attempted to display to Zephyr and I whilst we were younglings growing up in the shining light as royalty but he would turn his back upon us once the curtains were drawn and the wandering gazes faded away.

Because that was the beauty of growing up with a crown upon your head and a title to your name.

Both were useless unless put into good actions.

"Is that true, Father? That you had to restrain yourself ever much so that it is putting a physical and mental strain on your weakening body?"

I snidely said with a cocky grin that shouldn't have been on my face in the first place, my father was a man who could not bear the thought of appearing weak to a single soul, royalty or commoner.

He would much rather slit his own throat with a sword than ever show an ounce of vulnerability to another soul.

My father wasn't one to express emotion, as I've mentioned before, he was as true and as solid as a stone wall.

Cold and empty on the inside with a hardened exterior for an outside.

It was not entirely his fault for becoming a bitter old man, I blame the rather unfortunate disappearance of the many women that once roamed upon our planet and the woman who ruled alongside my father, my mother who I could barely remember after all of these years of slowly decaying memories of her.

Loving thoughts surrounding the woman who had once been my mother disappeared when my father crossed his arms with a growling huff, appearing to come across as more animalistic then some of the creatures I've encountered in the wilderness during my period of exile.

"How dare you assume that I am anything but the strongest ruler of the royal lineage that this Kingdom has ever seen! If it wasn't for that creature you've brought back on your voyage–"

I cut him off a sharp glare, a voyage?

Did he think that I enjoyed my secluded exile passing of time with only my harebrained cousin to entertain as he had only joined me out of both pity and boredom?

"A voyage, Father? How mindless do you think I am? You threw me out without a care and banished me from the rightful land that I ruled over for several solar and star passes all because of one account of foolishness error?"