3: The Ruthless Heiress

"She loved only her lover and Iphigeniain the narrowness of her cold breast

in the narrowness of her cold breast."

-Gabriela Mistral

Please leave some comments 💗

Roman's POV:

The perverted lust for deception and conquering what needs to be achieved is the ages old cowardice of humans. It is vivid, raw and it consumes. 

The distinct trait of making and committing to mistakes beget perfection.

Cowardice is a trait, an elusive one which is usually hidden behind  a mask.

After all, everything is a stage and we pretend to be what we are not.

_____________________________

A frown graced my face as I fixed my tie for the umpteenth time. It failed to centre repeatedly, it had been long since I had the need to .

Azure slept peacefully, Mrs. Crompton said week old kittens slept the whole day. I stole a glance at his serene face, a pang of jealousy hitting my chest.

Oh to be a fretless kitten in a rich woman's house and sleep the whole day!

Somewhere in the mirage of the dark night, I was awakened by his small whimpers. I decided to sleep cradling him on my chest, whispering soothing words of comfort in his ears. He fell asleep but for me sleep was non-existent. I had heard the rumours about Mr. Mikhail being in his deathbed and waiting for his death and progressively grew more worried about the notorious Ms. Mikhail, his daughter.

I didn't realise the takeover was going to happen so soon. The rumour ran quite strongly that she was an absolute nightmare to work with and nothing like her father in work ethics or ethics in general.

She couldn't be worse than the situation I was in.

Even walking on fire seemed tempting at the moment; and a fire that happened to be the company I have idolised forever? Count me the fuck in.