10: Mollycoddling for Dummies

Please leave some comments ☺️🔪

"She sins like a devil, she loves like an angel"- Unknown

Avyanna's POV:

My soon to be bridegroom didn't move an inch, the paper stack that was previously on his hand, laid scattered around the floor. Eyes widened, mouth hung open- he looked like a comic character.

Deafening silence permeated the hallway. For a moment, it appeared that everyone had stopped moving.

I flipped my hair back, crossing my arms.

"M-Ma'am," Jenna squeaked, "May I have a word with you Mr. Ca-"

I held up my hand, silencing her.

Roman moved slowly, meeting my eyes and holding my gaze. For a quick moment, I felt warmer under his scorching gaze.

He looked... confused?

I won't lie, Roman was a very handsome man. Easy on eyes more than any of the men I had ever been with.

With his tall stature, lean frame, cute glasses, hooded doe eyes encased by thick lashes, high cheekbones and a jaw that could give a LA influencer run for their money.

Roman was what I imagined god Apollo to be.

Elegant looking yet innocent enough to take home and introduce him to your parents as your college professor boyfriend.

Now that I noticed, he looked tired, hints of dark circles shadowed under his eyes, his slicked black hair fell over his forehead, as if he ran his hand through them a few times. Top two buttons of his shirt unbuttoned, sleeves rolled to his elbows, showing his veiny forearms.

"Shall I repeat myself?" I raised an eyebrow, jutting forward my chin, "I need you to-"

"I heard you perfectly fine," He answered quietly, cutting me off, "Mam."

He was breathing heavily, his brows were scrunched. Is he angry?

"I understand that you are shaken," I uttered, realising my mistake, "It was quite impulsive of me but would you give me a chance to elaborate and perhaps discuss it further in my office?"