Chapter 8 - Some Football & Theater Mayhem

Note: I'm sure Patsy is a wonderful person, and was back then, too, I'm just having a little fun with her character, that's all. No disrespect to her. In fact, no disrespect to anyone here. I'm sure they were all good people.

Also, Austin, in an interview, said that if he met Elvis, he would want to hang out with and play football with him.

~ ~ ~

Being jolted out of REM sleep for anyone isn't a pleasant experience, especially after a loud noise, like someone banging on your bedroom door, telling you to wake up.

"Hey, Austin, time to get up! We're gonna play some football!"

My groggy mind barely caught what was shouted through the door, but I knew who shouted it. Every instinct that was a part of me told me to be irritated with him for waking me up, but I just couldn't do it. I mean, maybe I felt a tad irritated, but I sat up and chuckled as I ran a hand down my face to help wake myself up.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I called in a raspy morning voice, and Elvis left my door, telling me that breakfast was on the table and to eat up, and they all were in the backyard ready to play. Also, I should wear something I didn't mind getting dirty.

I threw the blankets off of me, and after I made the bed, I got dressed in jeans that I had to roll up since they were too short and a brown sweater that was lightweight. I wouldn't shower since we were going to playing football. As I was in the bathroom staring at myself in the mirror as I washed my hands, a smile emerged. Since I got the role of Elvis for the movie, people sometimes asked me what I would do if I met Elvis in person. Well, one of them was to have him help me with the role—wish granted—another, to hang out with him—wish granted—and to play football with me. Wish granted. Or, almost granted.

"This is so nuts..." I muttered, shaking my head in disbelief. I was around Elvis all the time in the past few days, yet I still had to mentally pinch myself. I did it numerous times yesterday as we went about the day. More of the press asked about me, so it wouldn't be a surprise if I was in the paper again.

I finished in the bathroom and headed to the dining room. It was empty, besides one plate on the table. I eyed the stack of three French toast slices, sausage, small bowl of strawberries, a little pouring dish of syrup and a tall glass of orange juice.

"That's for you," I heard behind me, and I saw Cilla coming out of the kitchen, her long brown in that half-up, half-down style, and her green eyes were lined with black liner. My heart started racing as she stood there in jeans and a black-and-white striped tank top with thick straps. It was a bland outfit, but she still looked stunning. So stunning, I had to remember to breathe.

"Really?" I asked her as heat rode up my neck.

"Yeah, everyone ate about an hour ago, but he left that for you. You should be safe to eat it after putting it in the microwave for a minute."

"Okay. Everyone's outside?"

"Yeah. I'm headed out there pretty soon. I was just..." Her cheeks flushed pink. "Well, nevermind. I'm headed out right now. Bon apatite."

I knew what she was going to say, and I smiled in gratitude. "Thank you."

She left the room, and I stood there for a moment, and I smelled her lovely perfume in the air after she left. She was so sweet, waiting for me. I shouldn't think too much about it.

After heating up my breakfast, I sat down and ate it, then headed to the backyard at around 9:30. I slept in. Well, we were up late again last night watching movies after coming from being out. One of those movies was Miracle on 34th Street. Elvis loved the classics. Something that I didn't know that he told me was that he loved It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart. That was something else we had in common, along with the fact that we both loved James Dean. I had seen Rebel Without a Cause many times growing up. At this time, James had been gone for ten years.