Chapter 12 - Are You in Love with Cilla?

Sorry for the delay! Writer's block is the worst, and it was my anniversary yesterday, so I've been out. Thanks again for reading!

~ ~ ~

Elvis and I stood in the den and stared around at it, rubbing his chin. I had a good idea of what he was thinking, and it wasn't concerning Cilla. I hadn't told him about the conversation that I had with her early, early in the morning. No, he was thinking about the room we were standing in the middle of, the room that most people knew about even if they weren't Elvis fans.

"What do you think, Austin?" he asked after maybe five minutes of silence, aside from the others making a ruckus in the living room and dining area. Lunch had just finished.

"What do I think about what?"

He looked over at me, and our gazes met. His blue eyes reflected the sun coming through the windows, and I could see how some people described his eyes as blue sapphires.

"Addin' a whole new style to this room," he said. "I was thinkin' that I could turn it into somethin' from the jungle or rainforest. You know, like they have in Hawaii. I really miss the place, so I think havin' a room that reminds me of it would be..."

"Nostalgic?" I guessed, and he nodded.

"Yeah. Or it could be depressing since I miss the place. What do you think?"

We both stared at the pretty bland room of brown wooden walls, green carpet and brown sofas. "I think it's a great idea."

"Yeah? You know, I was told that I would be actin' in another movie that takes place in Hawaii, kind of like Blue Hawaii, only with a vastly different story." He glanced at me with a quizzical look. "You know what movie I'm talkin' about don't chya?"

Paradise, Hawaiian Style. Not one of his better films, but it was entertaining. The music was okay, too, even though they used some songs from his previous albums and films.

"Yeah, I do," I said. "Paradise, Hawaiian Style, right?"

He grinned, and he shook his head in awe. "Wow, and you know that even though I've told no one 'bout it. Lord knows that the Colonel hasn't told ya nothin'."

Did I ever know it. Every time that man and I were in the same room or were within sight of one another, he would completely ignore me. He still thought I was a crazy person. Not that I blamed him, though.

"Yeah, it's pretty nuts. So... when would you wanna refurbish the room? Change it into a jungle room?"

One of his brows lifted. "Jungle Room, huh? I like it. I think I'm gonna call it that from now on. Thanks, pal."

He patted my shoulder, and I wondered what just happened. Did Elvis name the room because I suggested it? When I already knew it from my time? Did that mean that I was the cause of him naming this room, and it was all just one big loop? That made my head spin.

"I better have the boys start callin' some stores that would have the right furniture and décor for the room," Elvis said, and I came out of my thoughts. "This is gonna be a sanctuary for me, where I can get away from everythin' and everyone."

"A man-cave," I said, recalling what a lot people called the Jungle Room in reference to what it was to Elvis, other than a place where he recorded the album "Way Down in the Jungle Room" because of the great acoustics of the room.

"A man-cave, huh? I like that, too. This is gonna be my man-cave. When I'm in it, no one else is allowed. Kind of like the upstairs to the mansion—not allowed. Aside from Cilla."