a new bond

THE GROUP arrived at hawkins, heading towards the wheeler's household. mike knew that his parents were out of town with holly for a few days so they wouldn't queery his sudden return. 

once they pulld up in the driveway, will was greeted with a swarm of hugs.

they only care about you when you're in danger, don't they?  a voice said from the back of his head. it made will give a slight shiver.

''you good?'' dustin noticed his sudden movement.

''yeah.'' will smiled, not bothering to give a slight excuse. 

everybody headed inside, sitting in mike's basement trying to figure out some kind of plan.

''what are those visions like?'' nancy started, taking out a notepad.

''well, everything seems normal at first. but then everybody starts saying... things.''

''what things?'' mike asked.

will took a deep breath. ''like queer and weak and stuff like that.'' will said, trying to shake off his vunerability to those words. he noticed robin give him a slight glance. ''or it would've been better if i had died in the upside down.'' 

''will-'' mike tried to start, but will ignored him and carried on.

''then i hear him. whoever he is. and it's like he's in my head, telling me things. last time, he showed me my dad trying to play baseball, but i couldn't hit the ball. before my dad could hit me the scene... vanished?'' will kept his eyes on the floor. he had never openly spoken about lonnie in front of anyone. ''and he came up to me and told me: 'my time has come to an end.''' the room was silent, and will finally looked up. ''he also mentioned a curse, or something. but i got like three visions over the last few days, and it was almost like he couldn't quite reach me.''

''a curse?'' dustin called out. ''like... vecna's curse? maybe we could find eddie and ask him everything he knows about it!'' dustin always found it useful to refer back to dnd.

''who's eddie?'' will asked.

''he's the leader of our dnd club, didn't mike tell you?'' will's stomach clenched. he felt sick.

''excuse me.'' will said, getting up and made his way to the bathroom. he could tell lucas and mike had told dustin about the fight in 1985 when he heard dustin practically yelling at them, along with jonathon.

''what the hell!'' dustin screamed. ''we're not kids anymore? seriously mike? after all the shit he's being through?''

''not your fault he doesn't like girls?'' jonathon now screamed. ''he's grown up all his life being called a queer or a fairy. getting beaten up by his own dad for it for crying out loud!''

''i'm sorry.'' was all mike could say. he was ashamed, and regretted everything he said that night. 

''did you even apologise?'' dustin asked. mike's face stayed blank in response. ''oh my god.'' he muttered.

''i'll go talk to the kid.'' robin stood up, making her way to the basement door.

''but you hardly know him!'' mike stated.

''trust me.'' was all she responded with, and made her way to the bathroom. she knocked three times.

''hey, will? it's me, robin. i know we don't know eachother that well, but i'm here if you want to talk.'' the door unlocked and opened to reveal a boy sat on the floor, his face covered in tears. robin sat next to him.

''i'm not great at the whole hugging thing people do.'' this got a small laugh out of will. ''i heard what mike said. pretty fucked up of him, huh?''

''yeah.'' was all will said. 

''i'm gonna go out on a limp here and say you don't like girls, do you?'' robin tried to say as softly as possible. will's face errupted in panic. ''it's fine. i mean, i'm not a fan of boys myself.'' 

will's slowly turned to face her. ''you're not?'' she shook her head. ''always thought you and steve were a thing.'' he let out a small laugh.

''oh ew!'' robin said dramatically, causing will the laugh again. ''platonic with a capital P, thank you very much.'' there was a moment of silence. ''so you like that wheeler kid?''

will nodded. ''in love with him.'' he muttered.

''really? seems like a bit of an ass.'' robin remarked. more laughter filled the air. ''isn't he dating your sister?''

''yeah, thanks for the reminder.''

''my bad, there's just so many of you, i'm trying to keep up with who's with who.''

''is this real?'' will asked.

''what?''

''or is this another vision?''

''real.'' robin smiled. ''your friends are assholes, okay? ignore the shit they do because i tell you what, will byers, they do not deserve you. you are the kindest soul to ever walk this earth.''

will looked down and shook his head. ''i'm a mistake.''

''never say that again.'' will laughed. ''i'm serious. if you're a mistake then what the hell does that make me?''

''i didn't mean it like that-''

''i know you didn't, i'm just proving a point. now we're going to go back down there and kick some upside down ass.''

''that sounds a bit weird, robin.''

''yeah, i know. but more importantly, you're going to show your useless friends that they are missing out, okay?'' 

''thank you.'' will smiled.

''no problem. i'm here if you need me.'' the duo walked back down to the basement, both acknowledging their newly formed bond.

''i'm so sorry-'' mike tried to apologise.

''save it, mike. we've got bigger issues.'' will said confidently, and took his previous seat. robin gave a small smile. ''seems like this eddie guy could be useful. where is he?''

''being framed for murder. we had to hide him in a barn thing.'' steve replied.

''right.'' this wasn't the weirdest thing will has ever heard.