the day will went missing

''SO WHAT'S our plan exactly?'' jonathon asked the two girls, staring at the gate above him.

''we go in, go straight to my house, and find my guns. the others won't be too far behind. then we split up again and look for clues about this vecna slash one guy.'' nancy responded.

''do you reckon he has an actual name. he sounds like his name could be george.'' robin joked, causing nancy to elbow her lightly in annoyance. ''right, sorry. how do we get up?''

nancy looked at her. ''a matrice, and a curtain.'' jonathon went into what he supposed was a bedroom, and took the duvets off. he pulled a face at the strange-colored stain. meanwhile, robin and nancy took a curtain and threw it through the gate, cheering with joy when it held in place.

''got the matrice!'' jonathon called. ''the others have got it way easier.'' he remarked. jonathon climbed onto the curtain and fell through the portal, landing stedily on his feet.

''if that was steve, he'd expect an appluse.'' robin joked. 

''right, pass the matrice!'' together, robin and nancy shoved the matrice through the gate and into jonathons arms. as he layed it down, nancy climbed onto the curtain. ''ready!'' and with that she fell through the gate, and onto a soft matrice, and robin followed.

''lets go.''

everyone kept giving will worried glances, afraid that at any moment he would start floating or his bones would snap. he hated it. he hated so much. everybody would give him those looks throughout his life. they all knew about his abusive father and all the upside down shit he'd been through. he laughed to himself; they only care when he's in danger.

''what's so funny?'' mike asked.

''nothing.'' will said, wiping the smirk off his face.

''seriously man, what's so funny?'' lucas was now also curious. 

''okay, you really want to know?'' he didn't wait for a response. ''how none of you give a shit about me unless i'm about to die.'' he said simply. ''there, i said it.''

''will that's not true-'' dustin started.

''no, no. it is true. none of you have even offered me a second glance over the past two years, but now that i'm on the verge of death, you won't stop looking at me!'' he was starting to raise his voice.

''will... you moved to a different state. what were we supposed to do?'' mike said, innocently.

''i'm not talking about that! i'm talking about when i was here, after being possessed. i just wanted to spend some times with my friends, play a game of d&d, but you couldn't even do that.''

''will, we apologised! it's a game, stop being so sensitive! god, no wonder why people think you're a fucking fairy!'' mike yelled. 

will felt like his heart had stopped, and he felt tears prickling his eyes. ''please tell me that was fake.'' he muttered, his voice breaking.

''will, i didn't-''

''please, please tell me you're vecna and this isn't real.'' he pleaded.

''will, this is real.'' dustin said, sadly. he was clearly disappointed in mike.

''will-''

''that is the last thing, i needed to hear from my best friend. it's hard enough hearing it when it's fake. but it's real. it's fucking real.'' will began backing up, his voice quivering and hands shaking. he was having a panic attack.

''mike, you fucking asshole!'' max yelled. she ran up to him and pulled him on the floor, placing her hands on his shoulders gently. ''will you need to breathe for me, okay? will, listen to me. breathe. in and out, come on.''

mike stood there. he hated himself so much. why would he say that? why the fuck did he say that?

will began shaking even more, he felt like his father was yelling at him all over again. he supressed his sobs. it wasn't on purpose, but it's what he had to do around his father.

mike snapped out of it, and ran to will, moving max out of the way.

''hey!'' she exclaimed.

''let him.'' lucas said, holding max back from approaching will again.

''will, look at me.'' will's eyes met his, and his breath caught his throat, he wasn't too sure why, it was just eye contact. ''breathe. your dad's not here, okay? i'm sorry. but i need you to try and breathe.'' will managed to catch his breath, but he couldn't hide his tears much longer, and fell into mike's arms, drenching his sleeves.

nancy, robin, and jonathon approached the wheeler's house, and headed straight to nancy's room. nancy opened her closet, and took out a shoe box, taking it to her desk. she opened it, but only heels seemed to be inside.

''those aren't guns.'' jonathon stated.

''these heels are a bit pointy, but i was hoping for something along of the lines of a deadly projectile.'' robin joked.

''i don't understand.'' nancy said softly.

''maybe you left them somewhere else.'' jonathon suggested. 

''there's a six-year-old in the house, i know where i keep my guns. and also, i threw these away years ago.'' nancy spotted some familiar cards on her desk, and began flicking through them.

''i get that grades are important to you, but perhaps studying can wait till we get out of here?'' robin remarked.

''these are from sophmore chemistry. and this,'' she signalled to her wall. ''this wallpaper, this is old wallpaper. and this mirror, this went to a yard sale. and you,'' she said, picking up a stuffed animal. ''you're not supposed to be here. no, i gave you to cousin joanna two years ago.'' she picked up her diary from her bedside table and began to flick through. 

''what is it?'' jonathon asked.

''nancy, you're freaking me out.''

''i think the reason that my guns aren't here... it because they don't exist yet.'' she stated.

''they don't... exist?''

''this diary should be full on entries. it's not. the last entry is november 6th, 1983. the day will went missing. the day the gate opened.''

''guys?!'' they heard steve call from downstairs. the three of them rushed downstairs.

''we need to go, now!'' nancy yelled.

''what? why? we just got here!'' eddie exclaimed.

''there are no guns. we have no weapons. it's too dangerous without them.'' nancy answered.

''and why are there no weapons? you said you had them?'' steve asked.

''we're in the past.'' jonathon stated, now starting to panic.

''the past, what the hell? that's so awesome!'' argyle yelled.

''what do you mean we're in the past?'' steve asked, his eyes widened.

''we're on the day will went missing.''

a/n: wow two chapters in one day, look at me go.