Chapter 3

Wei Wuxian turned 6 when he finally formed his golden core.

He surprised Jiang Qiong since usually golden cores were formed around the ages 9-12, even the Crowned Prince wasn't even halfway into forming his core.

"Listen here kid, I've never met anyone who formed a core this young, let's keep it a secret between the two of us hm?" He said and winked at the boy.

Wei Wuxian nodded and placed a finger infront of his mouth while saying "shhh"

Jiang Qiong chucked and ruffled the boy's hair.

"Go along now, you can help A-Fen separate the herbs she just got" Jiang Qiong said and Wei Wuxian nodded and walked out.

And he walked inside again "Can I tell Fen-Jiejie about this secret?" He asked.

"Yes kid, as long as no one other than the three of us knows"

Wei Wuxian smiled and made his way towards the Infirmary, specifically where Jiang Fen handles the area because there are e head healers and they control different parts of the infirmary.

"Jiejie" he knocked on the door and a woman opened it.

"Well if it isn't my favorite kid? What are you doing here?" She asked while crossing her arms.

"Grand Uncle said I can rest for two days, he told me to help you for now" Wei Wuxian explained.

"Aiiyoo, come in and tell me everything" She said after checking the area.

Once everything was clear, she places a silencing talisman on the door so that their secret would be safe.

"You can start by throwing out the bad herbs you see in that shelf, tell me how your training went" She said as she took her seat and watched the 6 year old grab his little stool so he could reach the shelf.

"Grand Uncle said that I formed my core completely today" Wei Wuxian said straight to the point.

Jiang Fen froze, that was near impossible but then again, this child is literally gifted.

She stood up and hugged him tightly "I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! BETTER THAN THAT PRINCE WITH ANGER ISSUES!"

"J-jie!" Wei Wuxian croaked out trying to breathe "Tight!"

Jiang Fen seemed to realize she is suffocating the child so she immediately let go and just decided to squish his cheeks.

"This Jiejie is very proud of you! You know that right? I knew you could do it!" She laughed "You said you have a break for 2 days right?" She asked him and Wei Wuxian nodded.

"Great! After your morning training around the kitchen, meet me here and we'll head off for lunch! You can eat as much as you want for making me proud"

Wei Wuxian flushed at that and hid his face in her chest "Jiee" he huffed, face turning red.

"Oh don't be like that now, we all know you like to be spoiled like a baby!" She teased him.

Wei Wuxian got of her and went back to the shelf.

Jiang Fen just chuckled at him before having an idea "Oh my, Xianxian is growing up so fast, what will I ever do if he finds a wife?"

Wei Wuxian turned and stomped his tiny feet "Jie! I'm 6! Also girls are icky, don't like that bouncy things" he mumbled the last part.

Jiang Fen heard it then started cackling.

"BOUNCY THINGS! MWHAHAHAHAAH!"

Wei Wuxian was just fed up with her at that point, she's acting like a big toddler.