Chapter 11

The banquet was going to start at any moment now.

And Wei Wuxian was just there with his Jie Jie at the hidden corner of the banquet.

They both were wearing shape shifting talismans so they looked like random citizens.

In reality they just face swapped while changing the eye color so it wouldn't take them too much brainpower or spiritual energy to think of a unique face.

"Will the food be first or the announcement?" Wei Wuxian asked. "The food, kind of strange they wanted to eat first but I guess we started out later than planned due to some princess" Jiang Fen rolled her eyes.

Apparently they started late because Jiang Yanli got assaulted.

Certain people who knew she was faking it just rolled their eyes.

"Assaulted? But she's been in her room all day and it's heavily guarded" Wei Wuxian questioned.

"It was just an excuse, they didn't wanna say that she was crying in her room all day due to embarrassment which was why her eyes looked swollen" She pointed towards where Jiang Yanli was sitting and true to her words, her eyes looked badly swollen.

Wei Wuxian did not know whether or not he should feel sorry or not.

"Quit the sympathy, we don't need to give them any more attention and look-they're starting to eat, you said you needed something to be done, grab a bite or two and let's head out to it" Jiang Fen said.

Wei Wuxian nodded and grabbed a few moon cakes along with Jiang Fen who just took whatever she saw first and both discreetly ran away.

Don't know how they did it but they did run away sneakily in front of thousands of people present.

"Did you just bring a whole Rotisserie Chicken?" Wei Wuxian blinked when they were already walking at normal speed and away from any company.

It's just the guards that need to be dealt with since the castle is basically empty.

They can't be sneaking around like this with a whole chicken.

"I was hungry-"

"Jie"

"Okay fine I'll eat it later" Jiang Fen said before putting the chicken into her qiankun pouch.

"Great now let's go"

The two went on their way, with Wei Wuxian leading because Jiang Fen doesn't even know what they're looking for.

Once they were in the area, Wei Wuxian was confused.

"There aren't any guards?"

Jiang Fen looked around to double-check and sure enough there wasn't.

This was suspicious "This doesn't seem right" Wei Wuxian thought before something clicked "Unless-"

His eyes went straight towards the door and it was unlocked.

"They're already transferring the beast towards the main hall"

"This can't be good, worst case scenario is that a war would between Gusu and Lotus Pier" Jiang Fen said as their disguises were removed.

"A war? But that's-"

"Too much? I know but this is one of the most legendary beasts in history A-Xian, to steal what was killed by another clan is a foul, it was written thousands of years ago by our ancestors! And they can't say they found that beast in our territory because those kind of beasts, they die in heat! They wouldn't survive even just by walking around in Lotus Pier!"

"Then we're fucked"

"Language A-Xian!"

"Did I lie?"

"Not really, we really are fucked" Jiang Fen said "I just hope Gusu Lan would have mercy."

"You say that but you don't want mercy for the Jiang's"

"Too much honesty will have your head one day"

---

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi guys sorry for a short chapter my exams are near and we had very strict schedules and sorry for late or slow updates 😭😭😭