Chapter 6

Wei Wuxian heard a random voice and took out his sword and went to attack the other.

The two went on a full blown 5 minute battle before Wei Wuxian finally recognized the person that he stopped.

"Hey! Why'd you stop?" The Prince whined.

Wei Wuxian did not think twice and kneeled down before saying "Apologies Your Highness, I did not recognize you and—"

———

Lan Wangji was surprised at the skills this masked cultivator had.

And he was even more surprised when the two were on par with each other. If you ask him, he wasn't mad the other decided to attack him...it was his fault for scaring him anyway.

While sparring with him, he took the time to analyze the features the other had. And to be honest, he thinks he had fallen...so hard for a complete stranger.

What he didn't expect was the other cultivator to suddenly freeze.

"Hey! Why'd you stop?" Lan Wangji whined at that. HE WAS HAVING FUN! HE HADN'T FOUND A COMPATIBLE SPARRING PARTNER IN AGES!

Suddenly he saw the other quickly drop his sword and kneel "Apologies Your Highness, I did not recognize you and—"

NOPE HE COULD NOT HEAR ANOTHER APOLOGY FROM THIS PERSON!

"Stop stop stop!" He said and helped the other up.

Since he was now so close to the other, he noticed how they were near in height but the other was definitely shorter than he was.

"Now now, I should be the one apologizing since I was the one who startled you" Lan Wangji started and took 2 steps back so that the other could have some space.

"I just wanted to thank you for earlier, As you might know, I am Second Prince Lan Wangji but you may call me Lan Zhan" Lan Wangji said and made a dramatic bow which caught the other off guard.

"Inappropriate" the other said.

Lan Wangji pouted "Technically, if I allow you to call me by my birth name, then you can call me by my birth name, nothing inappropriate there cutie" he winked and saw the other's face turn slightly pink.

"Shameless" the other muttered and Lan Wangji pouted "Aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

"Not allowed"

"Huh?" Lan Wangji was confused at the other's answer to his question. "What do you mean by not allowed?"

The teen looked away "I am forbidden to night hunt, relatives don't like it"

Oh...OOHH

Now he gets why the other is wearing that mask.

He didn't want to get caught.

"Well then, what would you prefer me to call you? If you don't have anything I might as well call you pet names" Lan Wangji said boldly and the other huffed.

"...Ying"

"What was that?"

"Nothing"

Lan Wangji smiled "I'll call you Bunny then!"

Wei Wuxian huffed at the prince and just walked back to his tent.

"Hey! Don't leave me alone! Let me join you!"

Wei Wuxian literally had no choice but to tolerate the prince who decided to talk his heart out.

"Bed time" Wei Wuxian said.