Chapter 5

Years went by, Wei Wuxian turned 14. A year ago he started serving under the Crowned Prince Jiang Wanyin and the Princess Jiang Yanli.

He learned not to scream out loud when he see's a dog but he's still scared of those creatures.

He didn't want to get kicked out, not yet atleast, because he's still saving to build himself a nice home.

He was in his room making some talismans when someone started knocking on the door.

He quickly moved and hid everything before opening his door and saw Jiang Wanyin.

He bowed "Your Highness"

Jiang Wanyin tsked "Hurry up and get some tanghulu for A-Jie, she'll be in the training field with me" he said before leaving.

Wei Wuxian sighed, he got used to how the Heir treated him.

It was quite known around the palace on how he ended up here.

But he never even tried to look better than the heir...atleast not on purpose, it's not his fault that his visuals are stunning-

Also he doesn't even dare speak unless talked to or told to speak so he doesn't know why the heir hates him.

Wei Wuxian was already in the kitchens and saw the Chef "Auntie, is there tanghulu?" He asked.

"Hm?" The woman turned and nodded "Yes dear, you could take that plate near the cabinets" She said and Wei Wuxian thanked her before leaving with the plate.

When he entered the training field, his heart sank badly. Mainly because he wished to train beside them, but he knows better than to ask his Granduncle to let him train with them.

Because his skills were better than the heir and no one was allowed to outshine him.

Only recently he was allowed to go out night hunting in secret.

He then saw the princess and the prince and made his way towards them.

"Your Highnesses" He greeted and placed the plate beside Jiang Yanli.

The princess was kind, but he was uncomfortable with her because of how obsessed she was with the prince from the other kingdom and asked him to help her write letters.

"Ah, Wuxian! You're here, I was waiting for you" Jiang Yanli said and she clasped her hands together.

Jiang Wanyin was there training his sword forms and making sure the other disciples were training properly.

To be fair, he was kind of good at it.

Aside from constant yelling at the disciples.

"Do you wish to train Wuxian?" Jiang Yanli asked him which cut himself off from his thoughts.

"I do not wish to train Your Highness, I am too old to form a core" He told her.

It was a lie but she doesn't need to know that.

"It is never to late to learn, I could talk to mother about it if you wish" Jiang Yanli said and oh Boi.

'NOPE! HER MAJESTY WOULD HAVE MY HEAD!' He screamed internally.

"Thank you Your Highness, but this servant is a Coward and too scared of monsters" he reasoned with her.

Jiang Yanli shrugged "If you say so, by the way" She paused before getting a bite out of her tanghulu. "I need help with writing letters back to Prince Jin Zixuan" She said.

'Knew it' he thought to himself.

Please, he misses his time as a regular servant, his shifts were much easier and he could go out for a few days without getting caught.