Chapter 9

"I see you have finally made it" Nie Huaisang said as he saw Lan Wangji enter the room and placed a silencing talisman.

"You bet, I kind of got lost and tried asking for help but before I could tap a one of the servant's shoulder they turned and can you beleive what happened?!" He made hand movements.

Nie Huaisang raised a brow "What happened?"

"That servant got good reflexes! Heck! He could become a great cultivator because he nearly ripped my arm off!"

Nie Huaisang blinked "You seem awfully happy for someone who nearly got their arm chopped off-"

Lan Wangji cleared his throat "Well he looked awfully familiar, I just couldn't put my finger to it"

Nie Huaisang sighed "Did his voice sound familiar?"

Lan Wangji shrugged "I don't know, but he looked cute"

Nie Huaisang raised his brow "I thought you were loyal to your bunny?"

Lan Wangji smacked his head "I am! But it's fine for me to see some people as cute! Heck you yourself literally got like who knows how many crushes"

Nie Huaisang whined "So who is that servant you were talking about?"

"I don't know the name but he was wearing a bright red ribbon which was probably why I saw him easily-" Lan Wangji paused when he saw Nie Huaisang freeze slightly.

"Are you alright?" He asked him.

Nice Huaisang "Yeah I am but that servant probably isn't"

Lan Wangji looked confused "Why do you say that? And how do I know if we're talking about the same servant?"

"There's only one servant in the whole lotus pier who wears a red ribbon you dumbass" Nie Huaisang smacked the other's head.

"Owww" Lan Wangji glared at him.

"Anyways his name is Wei Wuxian, birth name Wei Ying, I'm sure you heard rumors about him right?"

Lan Wangji nodded "Most ethereal of Lotus Pier and multiple others I don't give a shit"

Nie Huaisang looked at him unamused "Seriously? That's the only thing you remember?"

"I remember lots I just focus on the positive side and the rumors weren't lying when they said he was good looking...Reminds me of bunny" Lan WANGJI sighed in content.

Nie Huaisang rolled his eyes "Dear oh dear you might as well flirt with both of them"

"That's smart why have one when you can have both—"

"THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT—!"

---

Wei Wuxian finally returned to where his Jie was.

"Did something happen?" Jiang Fen asked as Wei Wuxian helped her sit up so she could eat.

"..no"

"I know a liar when I see one, don't be shy tell this one what happened on the way to the kitchen"

She saw how Wei Wuxian gulped and smirked "Ha! Knew it! now spill the beans!"

---

The next day Wei Wuxian was beside Jiang Yanli the whole time because she needed assistance and a consort with Jin Zixuan.

Jin Zixuan didn't seem that interested in Jiang Yanli but was willing to get to know her after a whole fight with Jiang Wanyin during one night hunt.

ATLEAST that was what he made people believe.

But the real reason was because of the person he met during a night hunt. A masked gentleman.

He adviced him to try and get to know the girl before making conclusions. He could always back out if the wedding is near and if he still doesn't like her at all.

Now the two were infront of one another with the servant standing and serving tea to the two of them.

He knew his name was Wei Wuxian, as if the rumors weren't ruining the gentleman's name enough. One look at him and he could say the Jiang clan wasted a potential disciple because Wei Wuxian's physical attributes and his parents being well known cultivators, he would've been stronger than he was with proper training.

"A-Xuan"

His brows twitched "I thought we agreed not to call each other so familiarly through our letters?"

Jiang Yanli's eyes widened "My apologies I seemed to have forgotten Zixuan"

"Apology accepted"

'Thats weird, she sounds confident and knows how to reply through the letters and everytime we meet she acts the complete opposite'

"I'm curious"

Jiang Yanli's eyes brightened 'Does he want to know more about me?'

"About what?" She asked.

"The way you write your letters and the way we conversate...are very different from one another, I'd like to know why"

Jiang Yanli was prepared for this because Wei Wuxian told her what to reply with if every the question was brought up. But she was disappointed the prince didn't ask about her.

"Well that's usually because I get to think more about how I should reply without feeling pressured to answer right away"

Jin Zixuan nodded "Seems sensible" but other than that seemed very uninterested.

"But the letter sounds like it came from a different person because by now you would've started talking to me like how you talk with your letters"

---

"ITS SO BORING"

Lan Wangji wailed in Nie Huaisang's room.

"Calm down the banquet starts in 6 hours" Nie Huaisang said as he tried to concentrate on his cutsleeve book.

"I KNOW!"

"You just want wine don't you?"

"I do"

"Why don't we just take a walk?"

"Why not"

The two decided to walk around until they heard talking between a girl and a boy.

They peeked and saw Wei Wuxian and Princess Jiang Yanli.

"How can I make him like me?! It seems like nothing is improving! Your letters aren't making him see me as his future wife at all!" Jiang Yanli said irritated.

"Damn if I was Wei Wuxian I would have snapped her neck" Lan Wangji mumbled.

"Your Highness, My apologies but first and foremost I do not control emotions of another human being it is his Highness Jin Zixuan's choice whether or not he should like you" Wei Wuxian replied calmly.

Jiang Yanli huffed "Then do something about it!"

Nie Huaisang raised a brow and turned to Lan Wangji who also had the same reaction.

Who knew that the Princess of Jiang acted like this.

"Your Highness there is nothing you could do to force love"

The two flinched but Wei Wuxian was more subtle with his.

Jiang Yanli's eyes was wide open when she saw the Second prince Lan Wangji and the crowned Prince Nie Huaisang.

"Who knew the so called soft innocent lotus of Lotus Pier was actually this rude and demanding especially towards a cute guy like that" Lan Wangji said before winking at the servant.

---

AUTHOR: IM ALIVE BIJES