I need you still...

Katherine POV

I finally get to Jimmy's. "Jimmy!! I need gun powder! Urgently!" I yell, looking around Tumble town looking for the little cowboy

"Hey Katherine! Why do you need it so badly?" Jimmy said, coming down the hill from his farm.

"Shelby needs it so she can make medicine for Scott." I say.

"What's wrong with Scott?" He asks, grabbing a stack of gun powder and handing it to me.

"I will be back and explain everything, I'm just going to run this to Shelby." I say, Waving to Jimmy and making my way back to Shelby's.

I finally make it back, "I have the stack of gun powder!" I say once I'm in the house. I hear quiet sniffles coming from the kitchen. I see Shelby crying, she was sitting at the table.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, sitting next to her and putting the powder on the table. Shelby has a book on sicknesses in front of her.

"I... found what Scott has." Shelby says, trying to pull herself together.

"That's a good thing! right?"

"Katherine. He has a deadly disease and nobody has found a cure for it. It will just lead to a slow, painful, death." She says, looking up at me, tears streaming down her face. I pull her into a hug and we stay like that, both crying for what felt like hours.

Jimmy POV

Katherine never came back... I guess I can go pay a visit. I'll bring a few cookies!

I grab a few cookies and start the long walk to Shubble's.

I finally arrive. I knock on the door and wait for someone to open it. Katherine opens it, she looks like she's been crying a lot.

"Jimmy! omg- I'm so sorry. I never did come back, I got so distracted." She started apologizing profusely.

"It's okay! I came to see how you and Shelby are doing, I brought cookies." I say, stepping inside as she closed the door behind me.

"Shelby is in the kitchen, and you didn't need to!" She said, taking the cookies and walking back to the kitchen, I follow her.

"Jimmy! Hi." Shelby says. She looks like she's been crying harder than Katherine.

"Hey, why have you been crying?" I ask, sitting next to her, Katherine on her other side.

"..." She had started to cry again.

"Jimmy, it's Scott." Katherine says, hugging her.

"What.." I started to say, I was cut off by Katherine explaining how sick Scott was and how there was no cure. By the time she finished it felt like my heart had just been ripped out of my chest. 

"There...There has to be a cure. Right? We can't just leave him to die. That can't happen. No. I refuse." I say, standing up

"Jimmy.. I'm so-"

"No!" I cut her off. I walk out of the house. As soon as I leave I break down.

This can't be happening.. Scott, the colour in everyone's world, the sassy, flirtatious, my best friend...crush. No. I refuse, I will find this cure. No one can stop me. I will do it alone  if no one wants to help. Scott Smajor, I will save you. That's a promise of the law